Furlow Charter School
- A baccalaureate or higher degree in business, accounting or finance from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years experience in a field related to business, government or finance; or
- Documented experience of ten or more years in the field of business and financial management.
As a member of the Furlow Charter School Leadership Team, the CFO will provide leadership and direction on matters pertaining to policies, strategic decisions, and long-term planning. The CFO will oversee all of the financial aspects of FCS and will take the lead in identifying opportunities to achieve financial sustainability, through maximizing use of available public funds and cost efficiencies.
The CFO will lead the annual planning and budgeting process for the school by working with the principal to anticipate revenues and by assisting the school in annual budget planning. The CFO will provide leadership and oversight of the school’s compliance function assuring the school has the support needed to remain in compliance with all state and federal requirements and stays apprised of ongoing changes. The CFO will provide leadership and oversight with respect to the integrity and accuracy of financials and data collection. The CFO will focus on revenue and cost efficiency opportunities and address the timing of cash flows as well as the capital required to support the school program.
Other, more specific responsibilities include:
- Completion of Bimonthly and Monthly Payroll through ADP system
- Timely payment of accounts payable and other bills
- Recording of income through receipts and ach payments into accounting system
- Monthly close-out of Books by Due Date and completion of required monthly reports
- Conduct analyses to inform operational decision-making and long-term strategic planning for the school
- Establish and maintain sound financial policies, procedures, systems, and controls for the organization. Establish financial and accounting systems to provide a platform that supports school and departmental needs.
- Provide risk management analyses to make sure FCS proactively reviews, anticipates, and addresses potential risks of all kinds affecting the school and oversee the maintenance of appropriate insurance policies.
The successful candidate will be a business and results-focused leader who has the highest ethical and professional standards. The successful candidate will be an individual who can lead and facilitate the school through strategic and budget planning. Direct knowledge and experience with fund accounting is desirable.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in the Government or Public School accounting field.
- Quick Book Online Accounting software experience.
- Proficiency in Excel Worksheet Software is preferred.
- Personnel and Human Resources Experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following to FurlowCharterSchoolapplication@gmail.com:
- a cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- resume outlining your education, prior work experience, community/civic involvement history, and contact information for three professional references
In the email subject line, please include your name and the position for which you are applying (For example: First & Last Name-School CFO). Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.