Fulton Academy of Science and Technology
Middle School Teachers (4-8)
Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is seeking experienced and well-rounded middle school teachers to join our team!
About Us: Serving students in K-8, the mission of Fulton Academy of Science and Technology (FAST) is to provide an education based on innovation, design thinking and problem-solving with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to children in the Fulton County community. FAST’s goal is to prepare children in a way that provides them a foundation to be creative innovators and problem solvers so they are prepared for success and leadership in our rapidly changing world. By applying our background theme for academics, children will develop the foundations for learning and thinking that prepares them for success in post-secondary education and careers.
Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is committed to:
- Teaching the skills and habits necessary for success in the areas of STEM
- Recruiting, training and retaining excellent teachers
- Building partnerships between the school, parents and the wider community
About You: As Teachers you will engage in:
- Developing age and content appropriate lessons aligned to the FAST core curriculum
- Providing a classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area
- Bringing innovation into your classroom
- Collaborating with other team members and administration
- Helping students gain critical, creative and problem solving skills
- Supporting and participating in school wide activities
- Ensuring classroom is attractive, safe, and conducive for learning
- Effectively communicating with parents and caregivers
- Supporting FAST’s mission and vision
- Creating a positive educational climate
Education and Training:
- A minimum of four year Bachelor degree required. A degree in education or curriculum related subjects is preferred
- Valid Georgia Teaching Certification in applicable field required, or must be eligible to hold a valid Georgia Teaching Certificate
- Two years of demonstrated success as a full-time Middle School classroom teacher preferred
Compensation: As part of the FAST team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision benefits, while working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria. Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Fulton Academy of Science and Technology ~ 11365 Crabapple Rd, Roswell, GA 30075