Tapestry Public Charter School, Atlanta, GA
Tapestry Public Charter School seeks innovative, passionate, and energetic teachers to join our team for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The mission of Tapestry is to offer an inclusive, individualized learning environment that is academically engaging, both for neurotypical students and those on the autism spectrum, and to create a positive school culture that empowers all students to take possession of their innate talents and become creative builders of their own future. Utilizing small, multi-age classrooms with flexible groupings and authentic hands-on learning experiences, Tapestry will provide a student-driven, experiential, sensory-based learning environment. All students will be respected, loved, and valued as the most important members of the school community. More about Tapestry may be found at tapestrycharter.org.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; completion of a teacher preparation program and/or degree in education or related field and/or Georgia teacher certification in middle school Social Studies and English Language Arts preferred
- Positive, inclusive, and welcoming attitude
- Enthusiastic, creative, flexible approach to teaching
- Ability to differentiate methodology to accommodate learning differences
- Sound classroom management skills
- Team player: ability to collaborate well with other members of the school community
- Excellent written, oral communication, and listening skills
- Demonstrated success co-teaching with special education teachers
- Experience working with diverse populations of students, including those on the autism spectrum
- Effective use of technology in teaching and learning
- Knowledge of the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS)
- Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning, Constructivism in teaching and learning,
- Response to Intervention (RTI), and Social Emotional Engagement – Knowledge and Skills (SEE-KS)
- Relevant experience working in a charter school
- Experience working with middle and/or high school-aged students
- Knowledge of project-based, experiential learning
- Gifted, autism, or ESOL endorsed
- Support the mission of Tapestry Public Charter School
- Co-teach interdisciplinary blocks of courses in Social Studies and English Language Arts
- Establish a strong working partnership with special education teachers to develop an exceptional co-teaching learning environment for students
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with families
- Consistently implement the school’s educational program, utilizing Universal Design for Learning and Constructivist learning theory in co-taught classes
- Work collaboratively to develop interdisciplinary course content driven by student interest and aligned with the CCGPS
- Model behavior and practices that reflect the Coalition of Essential Schools common principles
- Engage in continuous professional development and shared learning with other professional staff
- Lead an advisory cohort of students
- Regularly attend faculty meetings, work flexible hours, and perform other duties as necessary (willingness to “wear many hats”)
- Work collaboratively with the entire Tapestry stakeholder community to advance the goals of the school
Compensation: Based on Tapestry’s Teacher Salary Scale; full benefits package.
How to Apply
NOTE: To apply for this position, interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter summarizing interest, skills, and qualifications; (2) a resume or curriculum vitae; (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; and (4) a philosophy of education statement to Barbara Boone, Principal, at email@example.com. Applications without all four requirements will be considered incomplete.
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Tapestry Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.
- Before hire, applicants must satisfy a background investigation including a criminal background check.