Utopian Academy for the Arts
About Utopian Academy for the Arts: Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school serving middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. Utopian Academy was approved by the State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia and operates as a Local Education Agency. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having a gender-based classroom environment, longer school day, longer school year, Saturday school, and classes in the dramatic, media, and culinary arts for students in Clayton County, GA.
About the Federal Programs Coordinator
The Federal Programs Coordinator plays a central role in managing and maintaining the school’s federal program’s records and financials. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Federal Programs Coordinator is part of the administrative team responsibility for the successful and efficient running of the school. S/he will work closely with the Director of Operations to make sure that the general school operations functions including finance, administration, and compliance support student achievement and financial success. The Federal Programs Coordinator is responsible for maintaining all school records, ensuring that all necessary instructional and administrative purchases are made in a timely fashion, reviewing invoices, receiving all goods, preparing check requests and performing basic accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Ensures Title I and other federal programs within the scope of the position are in compliance with Federal and State laws
- Remains current on laws and requirements regarding each program, and meets with related staff to interpret and implement regulations
- Prepares and maintains the Georgia Consolidated Application for the LEA, including all planning, budget and audit requirements ex: (including, but not limited to: comparability reports, Title I School Improvement Plan, Focus and Alert schools, Reward schools
- Maintains records and documentation for fiscal and programmatic audit reviews and compliance monitoring
- Monitors Title I Parent involvement activities to comply with Parent involvement section of the law
- Joint oversight and management with the Director of Operations of federal program financial records.
- Ensures compliance with financial accountability and documentation requirements of the charter authorizer and the state department of education.
- Shares responsibility for development and implementation of the school’s strategic and financial plan.
- Files required reports with local, state and federal education agencies, Board of Directors.
- Has the proven ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
- Any additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director or his/her designee.
- BA/BS Degree or related field or graduate degree. Master’s Degree in Business with Finance or an Accounting background preferred.
- Experience with finances in a school or education setting preferred;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to multi task;
- Previous experience managing federal programs preferred;
- Demonstrated ability in data management and presentation;
- Prior experience requiring fiscal responsibility;
- Agreement with and commitment to the academic goals and philosophy of Utopian Academy for the Arts;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team of one;
- Superior written and oral communications skills;
- Demonstrated communication skills- Model correct use of language, oral and written;
- Regular budget meetings and accurate communication when needed with school leadership, governing board and state officials;
- Experience working in an urban setting and charter school experience, highly desirable.
How to Apply
Application and materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE STATE POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Social Studies Teacher position.
- Valid Copy of your teaching certificate or steps that you will obtain to secure a valid certificate for the position applied for
- 3 Current Letters of Recommendation with contact information