Brookhaven Innovation Academy
Brookhaven Innovation Academy is a public charter school authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission, which opened as a K-6 school in August, 2016. The school will grow a grade a year until enrollment reaches 540 in grades K-8. BIA uses a carefully crafted combination of research based instructional methods including Project Based Learning, Personalized Learning and computer coding for every student. Teachers have expertise in ensuring engaging and rigorous learning that prepares students for success in the complex, global 21st century world.
The Instructional Technology Coordinator provides leadership, training and support to teachers in the integration of technology devices and software with the purpose of enhancing and deepening student learning. The coordinator uses a coaching model in working with staff and at times will team teach and provide model lessons in order to promote the effective integration of technology. The coordinator will also evaluate and provide recommendations regarding software and hardware applications and will assist the leadership team with professional development and parent education. The Instructional Technology Coordinator will coach and mentor in the area of information literacy as would be typical of a media specialist.
- Provide assistance, support and coaching to teachers in order to promote and facilitate the use of technology and information literacy in instruction.
- Consult with and support teachers in integrating laptops into daily instruction.
- Support teachers in planning, delivering and evaluating instruction using instructional software and Learning Management System.
- Plan and conduct professional learning in the use of instructional technologies and information literacy.
- Team teach and teach demonstration lessons with classroom teachers to effectively model effective use of instructional technology.
- Design materials for use in classroom instructional integration activities.
- Serve as a state-of-the-art expert in the field of instructional technology, information literacy and coding.
- Provide guidance to school administrators on the implementation of effective instructional technology program.
- Observe teachers as requested by leadership team and provide feedback on appropriate use of instructional technology.
- Maintain a variety of records related to instructional technology including software licenses purchased by the district, training opportunities, and other reports as necessary.
- Evaluate instructional software, equipment, and services for possible purchase.
- Conduct research into new techniques aimed at improving learning through technology integration.
- Assist Head of School with community engagement using technology.
- Assist Head of School with parent information meetings and parent education in the evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Substantial knowledge of hardware and instructional software, BIA instructional methods and strategies including Project Based Learning, blended learning, and coding.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and parents.
- Ability to prepare reports and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three years of successful teaching experience.
- GA teaching and/or leadership certificate.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted through Brookhaven Innovation Academy’s on-line application system available at www.biaschool.org.