Tapestry Public Charter School, Atlanta, GA
Tapestry Public Charter School seeks innovative, passionate, and energetic teachers to join our team for the 2017-2018 school year.
The mission of Tapestry is to offer an inclusive, individualized learning environment that is academically engaging, both for neurotypical students and those on the autism spectrum, and to create a positive school culture that empowers all students to take possession of their innate talents and become creative builders of their own future.
Utilizing small, multi-age classrooms with flexible groupings and authentic hands-on learning experiences, Tapestry will provide a student-driven, experiential, sensory-based learning environment. All students will be respected, loved, and valued as the most important members of the school community. More about Tapestry may be found at tapestrycharter.org.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; completion of a teacher preparation program and/or degree in physical education or related field ; Georgia teacher certification in Health and Physical Education (6-12)
- Positive, inclusive, and welcoming attitude
- Enthusiastic, creative, flexible approach to teaching
- Commitment to the promotion of good sportsmanship, team building, physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to differentiate methodology to accommodate learning differences
- Sound classroom management skills
- Team player: ability to collaborate well with other members of the school community
- Effective use of technology in teaching and learning
- Excellent written, oral communication, and listening skills
- Experience working with diverse populations of students, including gifted and those on the autism spectrum
- Experience in adaptive physical education
- Experience with the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS)
- Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning, Constructivism in teaching and learning, and Social Emotional Engagement – Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant experience working in a charter school
- Experience working with middle and high school-aged students
- Knowledge of project-based, experiential learning
- Support the mission of Tapestry Public Charter School
- Teach grade-level health and physical education standards to a diverse group of students
- Oversee the school-wide physical education and recreation programs
- Coach and direct extracurricular sports programs based on student interest
- Seek maximum student engagement by developing hands-on, student driven activities
- Establish a strong working partnership with special education teachers to develop an exceptional learning environment for all students
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with families
- Consistently implement the school’s educational program, utilizing Universal Design for Learning and Social Emotional Engagement – Knowledge and Skills
- Work collaboratively to develop course content driven by student interest and aligned with the CCGPS
- Demonstrate prompt and regular attendance
- Engage in continuous professional development and shared learning with other professional staff
- Regularly attend faculty meetings, work flexible hours, and perform other duties as necessary (willingness to “wear many hats”)
- Work collaboratively with the entire Tapestry stakeholder community to advance the goals of the school
Compensation: Salary based on Tapestry’s teacher pay scale; TRS and full benefits package.
How to Apply
NOTE: To apply for this position, interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter summarizing interest, skills, and qualifications; (2) a resume or curriculum vitae; (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references; and (4) a philosophy of education statement to Barbara Boone, Principal, at email@example.com. Applications without all four requirements will be considered incomplete.