Working from their home, the Speech Language Pathologist (PRN) will provide virtual speech therapy to students K-12 throughout various Connections Academy schools. They will connect with students using webcams and web conferencing software, while using the company’s online Education Management System to manage their caseload and minimize paperwork. They will enjoy flexible hours and no commute!
The Speech Language Pathologist will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Planning and implementing individual and group therapy in a virtual environment;
- Timely and complete documentation of therapeutic interventions;
- Conduct screenings and formal and informal evaluation of all students’ communication needs;
- Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with speech/language needs as well as school special education staff to insure that their IEP goals are being met, and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Consult with teachers and coordinate the implementation of specially designed instruction as defined in the IEP regarding students with speech/language needs and potential learning issues;
- Special Education case management of select students whose only special education need is speech therapy; this will include scheduling, organizing and conducting IEP related meetings in a virtual environment, as needed;
- Assist, as needed, with the organization and proper implementation of all paperwork, documentation and procedures for the IEP process for select students;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the company’s Education Management System and special education software; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- MA or MS in Speech Language Pathology and ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Valid Georgia state and Department of Education Licensure in Speech Pathology as required
- Must be available to work at least 15 hours per week.
- 2+ years experience in school setting
- Strong technology skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
How to Apply
Applicants should visit the following link to apply: http://bit.ly/2qTU9OZ.