Brookhaven Innovation Academy
Teacher Leaders provide organizational leadership and support to teachers within their grade span to ensure that the grade level teams meet the expectations of the BIA charter and school program. Teacher leaders serve as liaisons between the administration and teachers in their grade spans and facilitate team meetings that focus on project development and the effective use of data to drive instruction. Teacher leaders also provide coaching and instructional support.
In addition to their classroom teacher duties, Teacher Leaders:
Serve as grade level instructional leaders
- Establish a vision for the grade level that aligns with the mission and vision of BIA.
- Establish and implement a structure for team meetings, collaboration and decision making.
- Provide a written summary of team meetings to school leadership.
- Maintain a grade level calendar of events and projects.
- Lead the creation and implementation of grade level goals.
- Model effective instructional practices.
- Assist colleagues in advancing their instructional skills by offering feedback and resources.
- Lead the team’s tracking and analysis of student related data and work with teachers to plan for differentiation and grouping based on that data.
- Provide support to teachers in order to ensure continuous improvement in instructional practices.
- Maintain current knowledge on research supported best practices.
- Support and encourage team members.
- Facilitate development of a Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum.
Serve as a liaison between the grade-level team and school leaders:
- Collaborate with school leaders and other colleagues to address team, grade-level and instructional issues.
- Collaborate to develop priorities for academic improvement.
- Assist in facilitating school wide staff development activities.
- Act as a liaison between school leaders and teachers.
- Attend all Teacher Leader meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited university
- Demonstrated ability to develop lesson plans, implement instructional strategies and ensure students at all ability levels to achieve learning goals
- GA Certification in Elementary Education or equivalent concentration
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of adults
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted through Brookhaven Innovation Academy’s on-line application system available at www.biaschool.org.