- This event has passed.
CharterStart Face-to-Face Session – Governance & Leadership
February 27, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
CharterStart is GCSA’s comprehensive and targeted training program that offers technical and hands-on assistance to those interested in starting high quality charter schools in Georgia. CharterStart supports potential charter school operators, as they move through the petitioning process (specific to the laws and rules of Georgia). Each CharterStart cohort consists of up to eight (8) founding groups.
The following pre-requisite steps are required to participate in CharterStart:
- Establish a high-capacity founding group of 7-11 people
- Determine the community you will serve
- Develop a mission, vision and executive summary that clearly articulates your mission and the need for the school you are proposing
- Meet with Elisa Falco, Director of Training & Education, to determine program readiness
- Execute a CharterStart contract
Spring Kick Off Meeting – Mission, Vision & Community Support
January 30, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Face-to-Face Sessions (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
February 13, 2014; February 27, 2014
Spring 2014 Webinar Series (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
March 13, March 27, April 3, April 17, May 1, May 8, May 22