Atlanta, GA , October 16, 2013 — The Georgia Charter Schools Association’s (GCSA) CharterLeader program is launching a new cohort, beginning in February 2014 and running through June 2014. The program equips equips current and aspiring expert leaders in the charter school sector to develop the skills and core competencies to launch, lead, and replicate high quality charter schools.
Modules covered in CharterLeader include:
- Standards-based Curriculum, Pedagogy, Assessment Practices
- Facilities Management & Finance, Accounting
- Communication & Marketing
- Charter School Governance & Accountability
- School Policy Making & Risk Management
- Cultivating School Culture & Addressing Diversity
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance with Federal and State Programs
- Organizational Development
- Data Management & Analysis, Fundraising, Grants Management
- Education Management Organization (EMO) & Board Oversight
CharterLeader is funded by a reimbursement grant through Race to the Top. The total program cost is $3,000. Participants or schools will be required to pay in 3 installments of $1,000 on Jan. 17, Mar. 7, and May 7, 2014 before being issued a completion transcript. For those successfully completing the program, reimbursement will be provided through the RT3 grant funds received in GCSA’s Building the Pipeline Grant.
Candidates are expected to attend and participate in all cohort meetings and trainings (1-2 per month), with one overnight retreat and a model school visit (combined) scheduled. Candidates are also expected to work collaboratively with both mentors and executive coaching teams to build capacity in leadership and decision making.
Applications for the 2014 cohort are due by Oct. 25, 2013. Information from this application will be used to determine if candidates meet minimal requirements for program consideration. Those meeting program prerequisites will be invited to submit a full application on or before Nov. 15, 2013. Final applications will be due Dec. 13, 2013 and final decisions will be made on or before Jan. 10, 2014.
For further information contact Juli Sergi, Director of Certification programs, firstname.lastname@example.org