WHAT: Live Press Conference: Monday, June 3, 1:30 PM, Hilton Savannah DeSoto Hotel, 15 E. Liberty St., Savannah, GA 31401
From bricks and mortar charter schools to online learning options, the Savannah-Chatham school district offers a variety of public school choices. These locally and state approved K-12 public charter schools are raising the bar on student achievement while responding to community needs.
WHO: Leaders of new and existing public charter schools in the Savannah-Chatham school district will discuss the remarkable portfolio of seven innovative public schools now available in the Coastal area
1. Kevin Wall – Principal, Oglethorpe Charter School
2. Pat Rossiter – Principal, Tybee Island Maritime Academy
3. Ben Payne – School Director, Savannah Classical Academy
4. Stephanie Babcock Wright – Director of Operations, Coastal Empire Montessori School
5. Matt Arkin – Head of School, Georgia Cyber Academy
6. Brittany Thompson – Community Outreach Manager, Provost Academy Georgia, Magic Johnson Bridgescape Learning Center Savannah
7. School Leader – Georgia Connections Academy
WHY: Georgia’s first startup public charter school was Oglethorpe Charter School, launched in 1999. Its founder, Martha Nesbit, spearheaded the legislative drive to change Georgia’s charter school law, allowing for the creation of independent startup-charter schools. Because of Martha’s leadership, Savannah-Chatham Public Schools is emerging as an exemplary authorizer of high achieving public charter schools.
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, June 3, 1:30 pm at the Hilton Savannah DeSoto Hotel
INTERVIEWS: Speak with leaders of the charter school movement in Georgia. Learn more about high quality public school options in the Coastal area.
CONTACT: Nina Rubin, Director of Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 404-536-7339 mobile – 404-835-8903 office