The Kindezi Schools
Welcome Future Kindezi Educator,
Thank you for your interest in joining The Kindezi Schools community. We are always looking for talented teachers and support staff who can help Kindezi grow and evolve. While different roles have different requirements, for all positions we seek individuals who are aligned with Kindezi’s mission and values.
“Kindezi” is a Bantu word which describes the act by which a community educates, loves, and values every child. We believe that:
- Each child knows they have an innate worth, value, and the right to look forward to exciting futures full of opportunity.
- Students are empowered holistically to succeed in colleges, careers, and in improving our world for the sake of future generations.
- Families of all backgrounds benefit from, enjoy, and understand the societal importance of going to school together in interconnected, diverse school communities.
If you feel like our values resonate with you, take a look at our current opening:
Position Title: Certified Elementary Teacher
Deadline to Apply: Rolling
Kindezi is a community of public schools with small classes led by great teachers. We provide a life-changing education, filled with love and rigor, that enables all children to thrive. We believe that every child has an innate worth and value and the right to reach their full potential.
We are looking for experienced educators with a proven track recorded of closing the achievement gap through high-quality data-driven instruction. Our top performing teachers believe that all students deserve an equitable education experience no matter their circumstances. They work extremely hard to not only meet academic goals but also to support the social-emotional needs of our students. Our educators understand that teaching is hard work, but with a little perseverance, great rewards are soon to follow.
The Kindezi Way:
At Kindezi, we operate as a family and approach our work each day with a supportive, collaborative, community-based approach. While serving our students remains at the center of everything we do, knowing each other’s quirks, families (including any pets) and values is part of what makes our staff, students, administration and parents work together as a high-impact community. Maintaining a healthy staff culture is key to creating a supportive, joy-filled student culture; as a result, we put structures in place to ensure that our teachers receive all of the support they need to thrive. In addition to being apart of our family, at Kindezi you will:
- Never stop learning
We believe the best professional development is differentiated to each teacher’s individual strengths and needs. All Kindezi teachers are trained in Kindezi’s Teacher Rubric and receive observations and feedback weekly to support their mastery of core teaching skills.
- Connect with students on a deeper level
Knowing our students individually is the gateway to teaching our students most effectively. Our family-sized classes allow our educators to tailor instruction to each student’s unique academic and socio-emotional needs. We structure our schools to reflect this value, with the smallest class sizes in Metro Atlanta public education.
- Maximize your strengths
- Kindezi educators are subject experts who focus only on one to two subjects. You can choose to specialize in Math and Science, or, focus on Language Arts and Social Studies.
- Be compensated and celebrated for excellent work
Kindezi teachers have starting salaries comparable to surrounding districts and charters but can significantly outpace these traditional salary scales as they work towards teaching mastery. Our Career Promotions Pathway Program rewards top performing teachers with up to $8,000 in salary increases.
We also offer competitive benefits packages which include: Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, paid time off, health, vision, and dental, employer paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
- Hold high expectations through differentiated learning for all students
- Develop and deliver high-quality instruction in one or more subject areas
- Actively participate in weekly coaching and lesson planning clinics
- Strive to meet network and school-based academic and socio-emotional goals
- Plan and execute field trips and project-based learning opportunities
- Be prompt and present daily; eager to participate in a carpool, parent meetings, and other school functions that require student supervision after hours.
- Analyze data and develop action plans to constantly improve student achievement through rigorous meaningful instruction.
- Work to ensure that all IEPs are met to support the individual needs of the student.
- Maintain a positive classroom culture with tier one interventions in place
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and their families by keeping them informed on education-related issues and school events
- Openly collaborate with partner teacher and grade level team
- Work to maintain a positive learning environment that cultivates both the academic and socio-emotional needs of the students.
Minimum Qualifications and Key Attributes:
- Minimum one year of teaching experience in an urban environment (preferred)
- Current Georgia Teacher Certificate or Out-of-State Certificate required
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
- Values that align with the Kindezi model and goals
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salaries are competitive with the area school districts. Competitive benefits package includes health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and Teacher Retirement System of Georgia.
How to Apply
Our educators are carefully selected through a rigorous four-step (application, video interview, in-person demo lesson, and references) hiring process. During this process, we are looking to learn your education mindset, how you develop meaningful relationships and deliver essential content to drive students student growth.
We invite you to take 30 minutes to complete the first step in your hiring journey with us. We look forward to learning more about you. Please go to https://kindezi.hiringplatform.com/processes/25731-2019-2020-kindezi-elementary-teacher?locale=en to apply.