The Kindezi Schools
The Opportunity: The Kindezi Schools seek a Data Analyst to support our network and schools in utilizing data-based decision-making. The role requires an understanding of data management and analysis in the context of student achievement and school operations.
Reports to: Chief of Academic Programming
We are interviewing for this role immediately with a target start date in January 2021.
- Provide technical data analysis assistance to network and school-based staff as needed to include survey generation, data collection, and analysis.
- Extract, manipulate and merge data from Kindezi data information systems to support departmental access across the organization
- Ensure Kindezi data systems such as Bright Bytes, Whetstone, Illuminate, and Infinite Campus are fully functional and integrated where possible.
- Create charts, graphs and reports using data visualization tools to support school and network decision-making
- Produce and communicate key insights that can easily inform multiple audiences across Kindezi, from teachers to senior leadership to board members to external supporters
- Partner with schools and network to execute timely and accurate analysis, including (but not limited to)
- Student Achievement data
- Student enrollment and demographics
- Student, parent, and employee surveys
- Employee outcomes, including observation data and evaluations
- Human Resources data
- External fundraising and development
- Partners with executive staff to support with charter renewal and annual GADOE College and Career Readiness Performance Index (CCRPI) reporting
- Responds to ad hoc report requests from central departments and school staff as needed
- Values that align with the Kindezi model and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement and supporting the social-emotional needs of students
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
- High academic expectations; Believes that all students deserve an equitable education experience no matter their circumstances.
- Strong analytics, communication, executive presentation and project management skills.
- Knowledge of current trends in data and business intelligence systems
- Basic knowledge of good management practices including human resources, planning and implementation, and information technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Product suite, and Survey Monkey (required)
- Knowledge of school and charter district operations and procedures (preferred)
- Must have or be able to obtain a GaPSC-issued clearance certificate (pass a background check)
- 3+ years of experience administering and/or analyzing student assessments using an instructional management system either in a classroom, administrative, or research setting required
- Prior experience with standards-based instruction preferred
- 5+ years experience in K-12 education, data management or similar field.
- Experience with educational technology systems used by Kindezi (Infinite Campus, Illuminate, Panorama, BrightBytes, Whetstone, Kickboard, STEP, I-READY, NWEA) (preferred)
- Compensation aligned with The Kindezi Schools’ salary schedule
- Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, 403b plan, paid time off, vacation, health, vision, and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability benefits.
- Work Days: 220
- Salaried, Full-Time, Exempt
How to Apply
Please apply here.