Dekalb Preparatory Academy
DeKalb Preparatory Academy is a diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop students into life-long learners
- Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for course(s) taught.
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with current state and district standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation.
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction – Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and asks analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience and interests that are directly related to the content objective.
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide behavior expectation in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities.
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences. – Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other professional staff in academic planning and school committee work.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school related activities and committees.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth and works with administrator to formulate and complete professional development plans.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behavior that is conscientious and responsible.
- Engages Parents and guardians in the education of their children.
- Does not engage in discriminatory practices on any basis, including race, origin, gender, socio- economic status, disability, religion, or political beliefs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the site administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education from four-year college or university
- 3+ years of certified teaching experience
- Administrative experience preferred but not mandatory
- A valid Georgia Administration Certificate or ability to obtain
- Able to pass extensive background check
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: email@example.com