Georgia Cyber Academy
Under general direction, the Section 504 School Level Coordinator/Hospital Homebound Liaison is a highly qualified, state certified educator responsible for ensuring students with disabilities, identified by Section 504 and students identified as required HHB services, are receiving specific and individualized course content based on their 504 plan or ESP plan, in an online environment. Coordinators provide support and guidance to school-level staff and help manage the learning process by focusing on students’ individual needs. Coordinators monitor student progress through various platforms, and they actively work closely with teachers, students and parents/Learning Coaches to advance each student’s learning toward established goals based on their 504 plan or ESP plan. Coordinators typically work from home but must travel occasionally throughout the year to various school functions, for state testing and as may be otherwise required by the school.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Facilitates school-level 504 plan renewal meetings and plan transfer meetings.
- Facilitates meetings for students approved for Hospital Homebound (HHB) Services.
- Develops HHB ESP plans in Infinite Campus.
- Maintains district list of HHB students
- Maintains all HHB documents and manuals
- Conducts Manifestation Determination Review (MDR) meetings for school-level 504 students and HHB students; collects data to determine if behavior is a manifestation of student disability.
- Facilitates the collection and maintenance of student medical documentation, uploads documentation in all platforms.
- Responds to flags in Infinite Campus and online platforms.
- Communicates with parents/Learning Coaches, and teachers regarding all 504 and HHB inquiries.
- Monitors all supports for district Hospital Homebound (HHB) students.
- Conducts classroom visits to monitor implementation of 504 plan accommodations for students.
- Facilitates school-based teacher training and answers questions when necessary.
- Works with the special education team to facilitate eligibility for special education.
- Attends monthly and weekly district, school, and department meetings.
- Provides communication and updates regarding 504 and HHB to teachers via school newsletter and/or email blasts.
- Prepares data and attend monthly Data meetings and update information.
- Meets with school-level leads, administration, collaborating teachers, students, and parents/Learning Coaches to discuss student progress and instructional supports through examination of 504 plans and ESP Plans
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes new-comers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Professionalism: Be professional at all times in communications, appearance, work product, and in representing Georgia Cyber Academy in a positive manner.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education AND
- Four (4) years of experience in Special Education or working with 504 Plans OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Valid Georgia professional educator certification
- Clear Fingerprint/Background Check Required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of the 504 Plans
- Working knowledge of Hospital Homebound programs
- Knowledge of Federal, State, District and other applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures related to assigned activities
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Present a positive image of the school in the broader community
- Ability to forge strong relationships to participate in cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the SCSC Comprehensive Performance Framework
- Knowledge of GaDOE CCRPI
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, OneNote, and G-Suite.
- Website proficiency
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Research and analysis skills
- Ability to read and interpret student academic data and educational reports
- Embraces an ever-changing environment while simultaneously balancing multiple projects with the ability to switch priorities and focus as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities within established deadlines
- Dependable, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Strong critical thinking, planning, and writing skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to incorporate methods and build systems that can be used across the district
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Skilled in conflict resolution principles and techniques
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Maintain a professional home office without distraction during 8-5 workday when working from home
- Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet
- Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required
- SE certifications or endorsements
- TKES/LKES Credentialed
- Previous experience as an online educator
- Previous experience with online educational tools/curriculum/assessments
- Working knowledge of Infinite Campus (SIS)
- Working knowledge of Canvas (LMS)
- Working knowledge of Jigsaw Interactive (live classroom tool)
- Proficient in use of Zoom conferencing tool
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is primarily a Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, 5 days/week, home-based position that may require traveling up to 50% of the time.
- During critical periods, in-office days may be required. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, meetings, school events, marketing events, and testing sites will be required several times per year.
- Light lifting required.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year