Georgia Cyber Academy
The School Social worker assists families in situations of crisis, abuse and neglect, in addition to supporting other areas of social-emotional needs effecting academics. The position responds to issues directly, through facilitating meetings and/or by coordinating services with outside parties such as Child Protective Services (CPS), the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), and other community-based organizations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Maintains caseload of students/families referrals for multifaceted student and family issues and provides immediate support;
- Provides brief assessments to develop an action plan with students and families;
- Facilitates family intervention meetings with families in crisis or with multi-dimensional needs;
- Serves as point-of-contact for teachers, counselors and administration for families in crisis; follows up with families by phone or in person, coordinating with external agencies (e.g. Department of Family & Children Services, Department of Juvenile Justice, community service agencies.) as needed;
- Facilitates character education programming and other trainings for the faculty and greater school community, as needed.
- Maintains an active role and awareness of current community resources within school boundaries, through attending meetings and/or networking events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in social work or related social service field AND One (1) year of documented social work field experience AND
- Social work education course work, to include Human Behavior in the Social Environment equivalent
Certificates and Licenses: Must hold or be eligible for certification as a School Social Worker
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Ability to pass required background check
- Three (3) years of field experience
- Background working in education
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract