Dekalb Preparatory Academy
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
- Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and students needs.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of supervisory personnel.
- Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
- Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program.
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the company’s philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted courses of study.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and learning opportunities.
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs. Maintain accurate and complete student records.
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student.
- Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those lessons.
- Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning on a frequent basis.
- Maintains accurate and completes student records.
- Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required.
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate support personnel.
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral presentations.
- Coordinates class field trips (as required).
- Prepares students for state required achievement assessments.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of the school’s curriculum.
- Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession.
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org