Ivy Preparatory Academy
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Schools, this position provides thorough administrative and secretarial support. In addition to typing, filing, and scheduling, performs duties such as coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workloads, and recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department or academy activities.
- Performs desktop publishing.
- Creates and develops visual presentations for supervisor as needed.
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates filing system
- Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail; opens mail for the academy and/or admin offices; drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary; responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Answers phones; takes messages or fields/answers routine and non-routine questions.
- Acts as a liaison with other academies/departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects; plans and coordinates multiple presentations, disseminates information, coordinates direct mailings, creates brochures.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, and graphs; Proofreads documents for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skills in human relations, leadership and conflict management. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with community groups, parents and agencies.
- Possess related training and/or experience
- Possess leadership qualities
- Two years of administrative experience (preferred)
- Associate’s degree
- Head of Schools
How to Apply
Please send resumes and letters of interest to C. Nichols at email@example.com