Georgia Cyber Academy
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Special Education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Director of Special Programs
SUMMARY: The SE Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for one or more special education administrators. This role works directly with and reports to the Director of Special Programs and performs general office duties including meeting scheduling, data entry and word processing, record and file maintenance, mail distribution, and telephone reception. The Administrative Assistant interacts with external and internal customers on behalf of the supervisor as a representative of the Department of Special Education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to implement and follow office procedures, including filing systems, record keeping systems, business correspondence, and reporting formats
- Ability to implement and maintain techniques related to administrative and financial record keeping, databases, reporting, and presentations
- Ability to perform mail merge functions and implement formulas into spreadsheet, in order to facilitate departmental mailings and correspondence
- Ability to plan and organize work, schedules, and procedures
- Manage simultaneous assignments, with close attention to schedules and deadlines
- Read, interpret, explain, and follow school rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Work independently and confidentiality with confidential, privileged, sensitive records, materials, and information
- Performs basic mathematics functions and maintains accurate invoice and purchasing records
- Ability to speak tactfully and courteously in English with staff and the public and be sensitive to cultural, developmental, religious, and ethnic diversity of students and community
- Screens, responds to, and/or distributes mail as appropriate.
- Receives phone calls and walk-in visitors
- Schedules appointments and meetings to maintain calendar
- Attends meetings to provide or obtain information
- Obtains, compiles, organizes, and prepares information and data for various reports, meetings/board agendas, ensuring information packages are complete and meet guidelines for submittal
- Coordinates special administrative projects as assigned to include assigning work, providing project information, giving guidance in support of project objectives, and prepares final report
- Acts as lead to other office staff ensuring smooth workflow, coverage of a position in absence of employee, and assists in interpreting policies, procedures, and processes and clarifies as appropriate
- Additional or differentiated duties may be assigned depending upon the nature of the work duties associated with the department
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school Diploma or GED required (Bachelor’s degree preferred, AND
- 2 years of clerical experience with high competency in office software, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel to and from the GCA office
- Ability to pass required background check
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information
- Required to attend scheduled shift during regular business hours as mandated
- Knowledge of principles of office administration and systems, office technology, and workflow
Experience working in a school district or comparable governmental/public sector work preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is an office-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.