State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia
The State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia has an opening for an Administrative Assistant. See the job listing below or click here to visit the SCSC’s website.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Post Date: 10/2/2020
Apply by: Until filled Job Code: GSP141
Location: 504 Twin Towers West, Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Program/Unit: State Charter Schools Commission
Description of Duties: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, provides administrative support for the organization in the areas of constituent services, scheduling, preparing presentations, coordinating travel, coordinating meetings, data entry, general Human Resources duties and other special projects as needed. Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support and management for all administrative functions in unit/office;
- Providing support for office executives, including travel and scheduling;
- Coordinating logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings, seminars, and conferences for all programs including ensuring facility contract execution and completion and assistance with agenda development and supplies procurement;
- Completing additional administrative tasks;
- Recruiting and managing interns and intern job assignments;
- Performing administrative HR functions
- Monitor legislative activity and provide scheduling and bill tracking updates;
- Manage the SCSC contact list;
- Managing and fulfilling records requests via a schools records database; and
- Providing constituent services to SCSC stakeholders and the general public.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving/decision-making skills, and skill in using standard computer software applications.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, communications, or a related field with experience in state government.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, have experience in the following:
- Experience working within an organization focused on academic achievement;
- Experience with Executive assistance in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience working with constituents and the public;
- Experience with legislative matters and the Georgia General Assembly
Salary/Benefits: Pay Grade L—Annual salary range $40,982.94 (minimum) to $71,720.15 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment, relevant education/training and work experience, and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement. Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications will be considered. Top candidates will be contacted for interviews. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, we are unable to provide information on your application status. It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices. In accordance with Public Law 99-603, also known as the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the Department of Education employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. All persons hired by the Georgia Department of Education are required to verify identity and employment eligibility and must agree to undergo drug screening and a criminal background investigation. Application Materials: Please submit a resume or curriculum vitae, a cover letter explaining your interest, and contact information for three professional references to Darcy Callaway at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.