International Charter Academy of Georgia
The Administrative Assistant plays a central role in maintaining the school’s administrative systems and routines. Reporting to the Principal and CFO, the Administrative Assistant is part of the administrative team responsibility for the successful and efficient running of the school. S/he will work closely with the Principal and CFO to make sure that the general school operations functions including meeting parents, prospects, and visitors; coordinating internal and external schedules, administration, school safety and compliance.
ICAGeorgia seeks an energetic, organized, friendly, and committed Administrative Assistant who will assist school leadership in developing and implementing processes to ensure effective administration and organization and work collaboratively with faculty and staff members.
- Support the mission of International Charter Academy of Georgia
- Provide telephone coverage
- Greet and assist visitors and callers
- Checks school emails, forward if necessary, and prepare responses
- Maintain Principal’s and School Calendars
- Distribute incoming and process outgoing mail
- Communicate politely, effectively and in a timely matter with school faculty and staff, parents, students, and board members Assist with daily office operations
- Monitor any suspicious activities and report to authorities to ensure school safety as per safety procedures
- Create, modify, proof read various documents in both Japanese and English using Microsoft Office
- Assist in translation as a liaison among employees, parents and prospects
- Assist with coordination of volunteers and substitute teachers as needed
- Vendor coordination, including but not limited to lunch, school bus and uniform companies
- Work collaboratively with Operational Clerk and Record Management Specialist and provide administrative/clerical support for the entire organization in the absence of the administrative assistant/receptionist
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Principal and CFO
- Be flexible and organized
- Perform other duties as required, i.e. “wear many hats”
- Support the climate committee
- Participate in meetings as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficiency in both Japanese and English
- Computer literate and proficient in use of Windows, Excel, MS Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Successful experience working in teams.
- Use of critical thinking skills in decision making
- Ability to make logical and appropriate choices
- Ability to be accountable, knowledgeable, and transparent
- Self-starter, attentive to detail; must possess excellent organizational and proofreading skills
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Detail oriented
- Positive, inclusive, and welcoming attitude
- A helpful, can-do, solutions-oriented demeanor
- Minimum 3 years of general office experience or equivalent combination of course work
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
Normal office environment. Occasional lifting of materials. Frequent telephone work. Ability to sit and
work at a computer for long periods of time. Ability to work overtime and travel as needed. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
of this role.
Position Type: Full-time or part-time
Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Support Staff
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter summarizing skills, experience, and interest. Please indicate if you are seeking part-time and/or full-time employment; (2) resume; and (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to email@example.com. Applications without these requirements will be considered incomplete.