The GLOBE Academy
The Admissions Director oversees all aspects of admissions and recruitment and will direct the admissions process from inquiry through enrollment. The Director will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement both short-term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure The GLOBE Academy meets the charter goals around enrollment.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced admission professional, a data-driven decision maker, and a creative leader in recruitment and retention. The Director will develop and lead inclusive outreach efforts to draw diverse families to the school and ensure that GLOBE continues to enroll students through a comprehensive lottery system.
The Director should be a team player who has a warm, collaborative nature, positive energy, sense of humor, possess superior organization and prioritization skills and is self-motivated in the completion of his/her work. She/he will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. This person will have a genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff and administrators. He/she must be able to manage expectations and deliver enrollment and lottery decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent The GLOBE Academy and serve as the face of the school to both the GLOBE and greater DeKalb community.
- Engage and inform prospective parents and students about GLOBE and its benefits in individual, small, and large group settings.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including public and private schools, preschools, DLI schools, and related community organizations.
- Participate in area school fairs.
- Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective families to move them from inquiry to lottery to enrollment.
- Oversee and participate in the development of admissions materials. Basic graphic design skills are essential.
- Lead school-wide admissions and outreach events including Orientation, GLOBE 101, Kindergarten assessments, and summer picnic. Coordinate staff and volunteers to execute these events.
- Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications and registration materials with parents of student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and their family.
- Work closely with Head of School and Chief Financial Officer to make enrollment projections for budgeting purposes. Serve on Board committees as necessary.
- Work closely with registrar by providing clear communication regarding responsibilities, practices, and feedback.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- Provide direction with internal and external communication to stakeholders and the broader community.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Requirements and Search Process:
Candidates should submit the following in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested in and qualified for the position.
- A current resume or C.V.
- A statement of educational and leadership philosophy.
- The names and contact information of 3-5 references (or 3-5 reference letters).