Genesis Innovation Academy
Math faculty will develop and execute instructional plans that facilitate scholar mastery of AP and GSE math standards. The Genesis E5 model supports greater possibilities. Faculty will challenge scholars to apply math as a tool to model and solve real-life problems, particularly in Economics and Finance. The result should be scholars who leverage higher-level math skills to better understand the fundamentals of saving, investing, building wealth, and economic decision-making.
The AP teacher should bring a passion for mathematics and high-level inquiry to the development of the yearly course syllabus, readings, and assignments, all geared toward preparing scholars for college-level academic thinking, problem-solving and articulation.
Specific Responsibilities: In collaboration with instructional team, faculty members will
- Create/revise long-term plans: curriculum maps, scope and sequence plans, pacing guides, etc.
- Develop and execute unit and lesson plans to ensure scholar mastery of standards
- Differentiate instruction to support diverse learners and meet IEP and SST expectations
- Ensure scholars are continuously engaged in meaningful work aligned with the Genesis E5 model
- Assess scholar progress daily to drive strategic changes to curriculum and instruction
- Implement school-wide behavior support process to create a positive learning environment
- Communicate proactively and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Participate in an annual two-week summer orientation and training
- Participate in grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, or AP Calculus or Statistics high school course
- Teaching or programmatic experience managing teenagers
- Undergraduate GPA (or major GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Post-baccalaureate degree, training or credentials is mathematics
- First-hand familiarity with AP Exams and assessment standards
- Working knowledge or coursework in Finance
- Proven track-record of pro-active professional development
- Passion for working with scholars in extra-curricular activities
- High comfort level with use of data and technology to shape/drive instruction
- Experience working with urban populations
The Genesis Commitment to Faculty
Our faculty members are highly valued as primary facilitators of scholar excellence. We view faculty as professionals, fully capable of effective planning, instruction, and class management. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize small-classes, and respectful scholar-peer and scholar-faculty interaction in support of teaching and learning.
How to Apply
Please fill out application at www.genesisinnovationacademy.org
For questions, send e-mail to hr@GIAcademy.org