Genesis Innovation Academy
Social Science faculty will develop and execute instructional plans that facilitate scholar mastery of AP and GSE social studies standards. The Genesis E5 model supports greater possibilities. Genesis asks faculty to inspire exploration of how Economics shapes human behavior, policy and institutions, and the trajectory of history. Faculty efforts should result in scholars who use data and a social science lens to analyze historical and current issues that affect their communities and their world.
The AP teacher should bring a passion for social science and high-level inquiry to the development of the yearly course syllabus, readings, and assignments, all geared toward preparing scholars for college-level academic thinking, problem-solving and articulation.
Specific Responsibilities: In collaboration with instructional team, faculty members will
- Create/revise long-term plans: curriculum maps, scope and sequence plans, pacing guides, etc.
- Develop and execute unit and lesson plans to ensure scholar mastery of standards
- Ensure scholars are continuously engaged in work aligned with the Genesis E5 model and, when applicable, AP College Board standards
- Differentiate instruction to support diverse learners and meet IEP and SST expectations
- Assess scholar progress daily to drive strategic changes to curriculum and instruction
- Implement school-wide behavior support process to create a positive learning environment
- Communicate proactively and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Participate in an annual two-week summer orientation and training
- Participate in grade-level and department activities, and school-wide functions
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science field
- Teaching or programmatic experience managing teenagers
- Undergraduate GPA (or major GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Post-baccalaureate degree, training or credentials is social sciences
- First-hand familiarity with AP Exams and assessment standards
- Proven track-record of pro-active professional development
- Passion for working with scholars in extra-curricular activities
- High comfort level with use of data and technology to shape/drive instruction
- Experience working with urban populations
The Genesis Commitment to Faculty
Our faculty members are highly valued as primary facilitators of scholar excellence. We view faculty as professionals, fully capable of effective planning, instruction, and class management. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize small-classes, and respectful scholar-peer and scholar-faculty interaction in support of teaching and learning.
How to Apply
Please fill out application at www.genesisinnovationacademy.org
For questions, send e-mail to hr@GIAcademy.org