Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Dekalb Preparatory Academy is seeking a dedicated and creative Art Teacher. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of instructional strategies which promote engagement in visual arts curriculum. The candidate should possess a strong commitment to professional development and stay current with best practices in the field. They must work collaboratively with team members and must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Provides quality instruction and implements the curriculum for assigned students; establishes, fosters, facilitates and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history,
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting
- Understand a variety of “masters” techniques
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media technique
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
- May sponsor exhibits from outside the school
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after school art club
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university in relevant educational field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field at level T-4 or above required.
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved subject-specific endorsements required.
- How many years of Teaching experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: State of Georgia Teaching Certification?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: email@example.com