Georgia Cyber Academy
Job Title: Assistant Family Engagement Director
FLSA Status: TBD
Reports to: Family Engagement Director
Summary: The Assistant Family Engagement Director oversees a range of services provided by Family Academic Support Team members to students and Learning Coaches to build capacity within Learning Coaches to increase their involvement and assist in their student’s education. The goal is to provide support for Learning Coaches and students enrolled at GCA in order to provide them with a positive experience, as well as to collaborate with teachers and parents to ensure student academic achievement and successful completion of school or grade level standards. Along with the Family Engagement Director, this position will implement and manage the support given to students/learning coaches and collaborate with school, department, and community leaders to ensure student success.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Oversees and makes changes with the other Family Success Liaison Leads and Family Academic Support Team administrators as necessary.
- Communicates with FSL Leads, Homeroom Teachers, Counselors, and Administrators regarding any situations that arise with students and Learning Coaches being supported by FSLs on team.
- Speaks with parents and students when difficult or delicate situations arise, or when asked by an FSL Lead, Lead Teacher, or Director to step in and assist with a situation.
- Reviews the FAST team’s data and discusses with FSL Leads so all FSL Leads are aware of their personal team’s data, and discusses highlights of trends, strengths, and areas of improvement with the FSL Leads.
- Holds one-on-one conferences with FSL Leads on a bi-weekly basis to review their recent performance, their team’s current data and performance, address any questions/comments/concerns, and coaches any FSL Leads that are not meeting expectations.
- Conducts periodic evaluations of FSL Leads. Completes a full performance review for each FSL Lead on the team, and subsequently meets individually to review their evaluations, offers praise and areas of concerns along with any expectations moving forward.
- Provides an extra layer of support for any FSL Leads and/or FSLs that are struggling or have deficient data in relation to the department standards. This includes coaching sessions, formal plans and working closely with Human Resources to provide meaningful support and collect key documentation for possible release at year end if performance does not improve.
- Participates in the new hire and interview process, including internal transfers and substitutes, along with staffing needs within their team. This includes attending virtual information sessions with possible candidates, phone interviews, and face to face interviews as requested.
- Participates in the onboarding planning and implementation process each year. Helps manage FSL Leads in their roles during onboarding.
- Meets with school leaders on a regular basis to develop support plans for supporting students on the academic support referral.
- Collaborates with parent engagement leaders to assist school leadership in developing a family friendly school climate;
- Serves on the monthly federal programs committee (where applicable) to assist in the planning revision and monitoring of specific federally funded components.Works closely with Family Engagement Director, Academic Administrators, Data Team, and Academic Leads to develop, implement and track successful onboarding for all new students;
- Leads effort to create, define, and instill a school culture that underlies and informs every aspect of the school experience from students to families to staff and guides decision-making and action;
- Facilitates ongoing training and professional development for Family Academic Support Team.
- Collaborates with FAST, counselors, teachers, parents, administrators, and other school staff to ascertain students’ academic needs and create a plan for improvement.
- Works with the school staff to present school-wide academic events, parent workshops and other activities identified for the purpose of ensuring quality delivery of services.
- Maintains accurate documentation of team performance, progress, needs, and academic supports provided.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 4 – 10 Family Academic Support Team members. May supervise FSL Leads and other FAST leaders as assigned. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND Two Years Experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to pass required background check
- Graduate degree in education or related field
- Previous experience as a Learning Coach, Advisor, or Teacher at Georgia Cyber Academy
- Proven leadership experience
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.