The GLOBE Academy 2019-20 School Year
AHOS Lower Campus
The chance to lead The GLOBE Academy as its Assistant Head of School (AHOS) of Lower Campus (LC) is an exciting opportunity for an elementary school leader who is energized by the school’s: mission and vision, commitment to continuous advancement, rigorous standards, supportive environment, and close partnership with teachers, students, and parents. The school would welcome an educator who values a global community, differentiated instruction, and who is committed to meeting students’ individual needs to maximize their learning potential in a Dual Language Immersion (DLI) school. The next Assistant Head of School should have experience overseeing the development and implementation of evidence-based curricula (workshop model of teaching) and supporting faculty through their growth and development.
This is a position for a dedicated, good-humored administrator who understands the developmental needs of elementary school students and can inspire meaningful parental engagement. Ideally, candidates will offer most or all of the following attributes:
- Excellent academic credentials, including an advanced degree
- Significant experience as an elementary school educator and leader
- Exceptional organizational and management skill, including the ability to hire well and mentor effectively
- A mastery of best practices in curriculum and program development, DLI experience preferred.
- Experience working with a dynamic team of leaders and educators
- Outstanding and highly responsive communication skills, written and oral
Leadership Style and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated appreciation and care for elementary age and primary school children and eagerness to nurture their emotional intelligence and exuberance as learners
- An outgoing and socially adept administrator
- A visionary leader in 21st century elementary education
- A decisive and sensitive administrator with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills especially when it comes to discipline with children and sensitive topics with parents.
- A leader who can set high standards and energize the faculty in pursuit of common vision
- An educator with a variety of interests and an appreciation of many perspectives
- An energetic, hands-on educator with a natural ability to relate to elementary school aged students and their parents
* A warm, engaging, and compassionate human being with a healthy sense of humor
How to Apply
Application Requirements and Search Process:
Candidates should submit the following in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested in and qualified for the position.
- A current resume or C.V.
- A statement of educational and leadership philosophy.
- The names and contact information of 3-5 references.
- Optional: Other supporting materials (e.g. digital portfolios, articles, speeches, presentations, letters of recommendations, etc.,) that would be useful to the Search Committee.