International Community School
International Community School (ICS) is seeking a dynamic instructional leader to serve as the Assistant Principal. This leader will coach and evaluate teachers, serve as the school’s testing coordinator, lead the Response to Intervention (RTI) process, and assist with student discipline.
About Our School:
International Community School is a DeKalb County, Georgia K-5 IBPYP charter school with the special mission of educating recently arrived refugee children alongside American-born children. DeKalb has one of the highest ratios of resettled refugees of any county in the United States.
- Assist the Principal in leading and implementing the school’s mission
- Work proactively to create a safe, calm school environment
- Collaborate directly with a designated group of teachers to improve student achievement
- Provide detailed teacher feedback in the following areas: data analysis, instructional planning, instructional delivery, utilization of curriculum resources, student discipline, classroom management, and assessment
- Evaluate teacher performance and use this data to identify, plan, and facilitate professional development for individual teachers and the larger school staff.
- Serve as the school’s testing coordinator
- Conference with students, teachers, and parents regarding discipline, IEP or other concerns
- Support teachers and staff with Student Information System data collection
- Assist in selecting and retaining qualified employees
- Conduct observations of teachers and staff using TKES, following all related protocols, procedures, and timelines, including all legal guidelines
- Minimum Master’s Degree
- Minimum 4 years teaching experience
- Georgia Professional Certification in Educational Leadership at level 5 or higher.
- Elementary Education certification
- Prior experience as a school leader preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with best practice in instruction
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience implementing the GSE in elementary classrooms
- Demonstrated skill in interpersonal relations and ability to manage conflict and crisis in a timely manner
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following to: HR@icsgeorgia.org
- a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and experience in school leadership
- resume outlining your education, prior work experience, community/civic involvement history, and contact information for three professional references
In the email subject line, please include your name and the position for which you are applying (For example: Jane Smith—Assistant Principal). Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
May 29, 2018