Fulton Academy of Science and Technology
The Assistant to Principal/Office Manager (APOM) must be welcoming, personable, accommodating, helpful and a good listener, representing FAST in a professional and friendly manner. The APOM oversees the operations of the reception area.
He/she provides administrative services and assistance for Principal; maintains smooth operations which entail high quality support work; handles heavy telephone duties with an emphasis on courtesy and resolution to create favorable impressions of the school; maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Welcomes visitors, responds to email and phone inquiries in a helpful and constructive manner; ensuring that requests are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Oversees the safety and security of the school at all times, making sure the front door is secured and entry to the premises is controlled. Makes certain that each visitor signs in and is issued a guest badge.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail and packages
- Ensures that the reception area looks professional and organized.
- Orders supplies and materials as needed
- Assists in updating the database
- Maintains employees’ attendance information, time entry and pay records
- Assists with admissions related tasks such as school tour assistance and processing inquiries from prospective families
- Assists in updating office procedures
- Schedules Room Reservations as needed
- Assists in organizing Picture Day, Lost and Found, and other administrative tasks of a similar nature
- Utilizes technological resources to facilitate workload and enhance office operations; operates various office machines, including a computer
- Promotes positive relationships with local school personnel, Fulton County Schools staff, parents and the general public by assisting and resolving issues as they may occur whenever possible
- Assists with student registration as needed
- Assists with backup bookkeeping responsibilities as assigned (i.e. field trips)
- Serves as a member of the emergency response team.
Assistant to Principal Responsibilities
- Opens, reads, and routes email for the principal; maintains files of correspondence and records
- Maintains calendar, schedules appointments and meetings for principal; arranges appropriate meeting space, contacts speakers when appropriate, arranges for needed equipment supplies; maintains schedule of local school meetings open to the public to include maintaining an updated listing of who to contact in case of emergencies in the schools, etc.
- Assists principal in completing projects and overseeing progress
- Types/transcribes correspondence, reports, teacher purchase requests, policies, reports and maintains extensive files for the principal; proofreads typed materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage to avoid errors
- Ensures the timely submission of documents related to county compliance, charter school renewal, and certification
- Utilizes student information system to access information as needed
- Educational Level: High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: Three years of responsible clerical experience/Two years of project management
- Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; typing; word processing; communication; computer; project management experience preferred; highly organized
- Must be highly organized
- Has to be able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Due to confidentiality matters, employee may not have any personal connections to the school