Ivy Preparatory Academy
The job of Attendance Specialist is done for the purpose of monitoring scholar attendance; collecting and maintaining scholar attendance information at the school; meeting network, state and federal requirements relating to attendance processes including parent notification; preparing and distributing attendance reports and materials; providing clerical support at school site; and communicating various information regarding activities.
- Communicates with parents, students, staff, etc. in person, by telephone or letter for the purpose of providing information on a variety of attendance issues and meeting district and state absence notification requirements.
- Compiles scholar attendance contracts and letters for the purpose of meeting state, federal and/or network requirements.
- Ensures accuracy of attendance records, including verification of forgeries and truancies and/or signing scholars in/out for the purpose of complying with State laws governing attendance accounting.
- Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, scholars, parents, the public, police, probation department, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Maintains a variety of attendance records, schedules, and files (manual and computer) (e.g. contact and telephone logs, scholar attendance, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information.
- Performs attendance and contact activities (e.g. updating automated scholar information system, preparing scholar attendance documents, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with financial, legal, state or federal requirements.
- Prepares a variety of reports and written materials (e.g. passes, standardized and special attendance reports, letters to parents, etc.) for the purpose of conveying information regarding school and/or network activities and procedures.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. attendance records, scholar’s placement, disciplinary and/or suspension notices, homework requests, etc.) for the purpose of complying with local, state and federal attendance requirements.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of individuals (e.g. staff, parents, scholars, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Screens telephone calls for the purpose of directing to appropriate personnel and/or taking messages.
REQUIRED SKILLS ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- The ability to adapt quickly
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Job related experience desired