EdTec Inc. (www.edtec.com) is a growing national company that provides business and operational development assistance to charter schools in a number of states with a focus on California, Tennessee, New York, Washington, and most recently Georgia. EdTec is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, and Atlanta.
We assist charter schools in ensuring accountability for all financially related aspects of school administration, including full service accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budget development, cash management, and state financial and attendance reporting. EdTec also assists schools in strategic planning, charter development, facilities acquisition, business problem solving, governance, and district negotiations.
While we are a private company, we are motivated by the mission of helping to improve public education through the support of charter schools. Currently we provide services to 160,000 students, many of them in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking an Associate Client Manager who will share our enthusiasm for helping to make a difference in these students’ lives. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
We are looking for an Associate Client Manager in Atlanta to:
- Work with school clients as an outsourced Chief Financial Officer. The role of the Associate Client Manager is to work with the school leadership to provide advice on strategic business decisions, help the school understand charter school finance rules, facilitate multi-year budget planning, and prepare monthly financial statements and analyses for use at school board meetings and drive decision making. The Associate Client Manager will also have the opportunity to work on special projects as needed, which can include facility planning, strategic plan development, grant writing, charter development, and executive searches.
- Build relationships in the charter and charter authorizing communities in Georgia.
- Be a lead contact person for school clients, including managing the client relationship and working with the EdTec accounting, payroll, AP, and admin teams to provide excellent customer service
- Prepare in partnership with the accounting team monthly financials statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis for school clients
- On a monthly basis, create presentations analyzing the key issues in the financial statements and offer recommendations for changes in the school operations
- Analyze, model, and solve problems for school clients on a wide range of business issues
- Manage the budget development and tracking for client schools
- Ensure that all school reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant financial management procedures and practices
- Develop a functional expertise in one or more areas of school business operations
- Work on special projects as needed
- Advanced degree preferred or equivalent public/private sector business or school operations experience
- 4-8 years of work experience
- Strong communication, written and analytical skills
- Customer service orientation or experience in client services
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and forecasting
- Experience in business development and marketing initiatives
- Ability to travel occasionally and work non-standard hours to attend board meetings, etc.
- Commitment to education and knowledge of charter schools a major plus
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k)
How to Apply
Candidates should send resume with cover letter to Stephenie Tesoro at email@example.com with subject line “Associate Client Manager – Atlanta”
No phone calls, please.
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer