Chattahoochee Hills Charter School
Do you have a passion for special education and committed to ensuring that every special education student receives the services they need to growth academically and socially? Do you have experience in leading a special education department, facilitating IEP meetings, and maintaining compliance? Are you a talented educator who commits to making a difference in the lives of ALL students daily? Do you have a passion for the arts, agriculture, or the environment? If so, JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM, and let’s do it “The CHATT Way!”.
Our school’s mission is to inspire all children to highest levels of academic achievement through a rigorous curriculum that integrates the wonders of the natural world.
The Coordinator of Exceptional Education provides leadership and coordination for planning, implementation, and assessment of the Special Education Department; Ensures compliance with all State and Federal Laws, State Department of Education Rules and Regulations, and Fulton County Board of Education Policies where applicable
- Coordinates all instructional aspects of curriculum/instruction for students with disabilities at the school level according to Federal, State, and local Board regulations and established policies
- Coordinates school program operations such as textbook adoptions and Community-Based Instruction
- Participates in the supervision of curriculum and instruction for students with disabilities to ensure Federal, State, and local Board of Education standards are being met
- Makes recommendations for and participates in the Departments budget process
- Coordinates with the local school and central administrative teams to assure that local school personnel maintain accurate student records to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Board of Education policies
- Promotes communication and professional growth through local school visits, in-service meetings, and professional learning opportunities
- Assists in organizing and conducting training and professional learning for teachers, staff, instructional support teachers, and administrators as determined by need
- Participates with administrative teams to develop and implement the strategic plan including identifying appropriate initiatives, setting benchmarks, and data collection
- Works with instructional support teachers, special education teachers, and administrators to determine needs of students with disabilities to implement the goals/objectives of students’ IEPs
- Assists in conducting program evaluation in schools and in making recommendations for program improvement
- Assists in the coordination of mediations, early resolution sessions, and hearings
Education: Master’s Degree in one or more areas of disability required
Certification/Licensure: Must hold or be eligible for Georgia Teaching Certification in applicable special education subject areas; Leadership Certification strongly preferred
Experience: Minimum 2 years supervisory experience and 5 additional years of experience as a classroom teacher required, preferably in Special Education; Experience in leading IEP meetings, writing quality IEPs, and compliance administration strongly preferred.
Start Date: May 2021
How to Apply
All candidates should send resume and copy of Georgia certification information to email@example.com.