Utopian Academy for the Arts
The building custodian assumes responsibility for building operations consisting of cleaning the building, heating, ventilation, and the general supervision of the maintenance of all equipment in the building and on the grounds. He/she works with of all custodial staff, making arrangements for successful operation, arranging workloads, and assisting employees in performing their duties satisfactorily.
- Maintains safety OSHA compliance, writes work orders for vendors and oversees progress as Facilities Management;
- Monitors the upkeep of the building and grounds to ensure they are maintained in an acceptable manner;
- Operates various equipment, weighing 75lbs or more, for scrubbing, buffing, and waxing floors;
- Operates carpet cleaning and maintenance equipment weighting in the excess of 50lbs;
- Performs with the proper use of supplies and equipment;
- Ensures daily that all doors are properly opened during occupancy and all bolted and secured after hours;
- Performs all procedures involved in shutting off the electrical power, water and gas mains to the building, and lighting (igniting) the pilot light on the kitchen appliances and the boiler;
- Orders custodial supplies and ensures receipt of supplies and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies in order to effectively carry out the work;
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance as needed and submits maintenance work orders when necessary;
- Prepares cleaning/maintenance reports such as emergency assignment schedules; • Enjoys working with children;
- Any additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director, or his/her designee.
How to Apply
Application and materials should be submitted electronically as soon as possible. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Custodian” should be labeled in the Subject Line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience in school system