Susie King Taylor Community School
POSITION: Dean of Middle School (200 Days)
REPORTS TO: School Director
START DATE: July 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Dean of Middle School is a member of the leadership team, and as such serves on the Emergency Response Team, Student Success Committee, and Student Support Team (SST). The Dean of Middle School utilizes knowledge of human behavior, social, cultural and community influences to help create a positive learning climate.
Major duties include:
- Creates Positive School Climate
- Acts as a resource and provides professional development for teachers in their instructional practice, especially as it relates to issues of discipline, relationships with students, classroom management, and school culture,
- Supervises RESET (ISS) through Restorative Justice Measures
- Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the school and deals with special cases as necessary.
- Administers and maintains high standards regarding attendance
- Assists the School Director
- Serves as school leader in School Director’s absence
- Assists the principal in the general administration of the school and serves as principal when the principal is absent.
- Supervises and Supports Teachers
- Meets with and assists teachers in organizing classrooms for effective learning.
- Assists in the construction and evaluation of classroom testing instruments.
- Coordinates the selection, procurement, and use of instructional supplies, equipment, books, and material.
- Participates in proposed and ongoing curriculum development projects.
- Serves at the request of principal as advisor to probationary teachers.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Develops schedule of classes for the school year.
- Assists in the planning of staff development in-service program to raise the level of instructional performance.
- Recommends ways in which the curriculum can be adjusted to meet the special learning needs of exceptional children.
- Assists principal as requested in the evaluation of instruction.
- Advises in the grade placement and grouping of children.
- Engages in research related to curriculum development, as assigned.
- Serves on parent, faculty, and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Manages Daily Operations of Middle Grades Academy
- Secures the services of substitute teachers from ESS as needed
- Supervises student activities as directed by the School Director
- Supervises conduct within the school and overseas all discipline procedures, keeping record of any disciplinary action.
- Maintains supplies and distribution of textbooks and other curricular inventory.
- Responds as necessary to urgent situations or emergencies to maintain safety, calm, and order for students, staff, and visitors.
- Performs other duties as necessary for the effectiveness of the school.
- Member of the Emergency Response Team
- Member of the Student Support Team
- Member of the Promotion and Retention Committee
- Member of the Student Success Committee
- School Director Surrogate as needed
- Prior administration experience
- Middle Grades teaching experience
- Experience with MTSS/RTI
- Experience with coaching and evaluating staff
- Masters degree (or higher) in education or related area
- GA Principal certification (or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Conflict Resolution/Mediation strategies
- Competent in Google Suite applications
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and apply at www.sccpss.com Review of resumes will begin immediately. SKTCS reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as all materials can be compiled. Questions about the position may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant School Director is an “at-will” employee of Susie King Taylor Community School.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Susie King Taylor Community School to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizen status, age, marital status, disability, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as provided by law), sexual orientation, gender (sex), and to maintain an environment free of discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment, or retaliation as required by civil rights law