Ivy Preparatory Academy
-Education Level: Bachelor’s degree; Masters preferred-Certification or Licensure: Valid Georgia Educator’s Certificate with special education fields-Experience Desired: Minimum 5 years of previous professional experience; Previous charter school management experience preferredCandidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIESSummary:This position administers special education program and services for assigned schools; provides technical assistance to principals, teachers, support staff, parents, and the community in assigned special programs; coordinates assigned special education programs district-wide.The work includes, but is not limited to, the direct supervision of the identification, placement, and programming for children with special needs; development, implementation and evaluation of service delivery models in collaboration with appropriate administrators and staff; explanation and interpretation of the instructional program to the staff and the public; compliance with Federal and State laws; and supervision and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures.Duties:
- Supervises and provides direction to principals/schools with respect to Federal and State mandates for students with disabilities.
- Plans, implements and coordinates education policies and procedures in reference to IDEA.
- Collaborates with appropriate District administrators and staff to ensure the necessary program supports and resources are in place for all students with an Individual Educational Plan
- Assists the in the planning, implementation and coordination of instructional programs consistent with the SSIP.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve and plan for improvement and school reform.
- Observes the performance of teachers as requested by the principals.
- Analyzes data using a variety of available systems to evaluate programming and for continuous program improvement
- Makes recommendations for additional or reductions in staffing when necessary based on enrollment, programs or budget.
- Collaborates in the planning and implementation of staff development and remediation programs for teachers, administrators and staff.
- Engages parent and community groups for the purpose of generating a broad base of community interest, understanding and support of the Special Education program.
- Maintains and updates knowledge and skills required for success in the position by participating in professional development activities as needed or as assigned. Participates in at least the following: GaDOE Data Collection Conference, Spring Leadership Meeting for Special Education, Monthly Directors Webinars, and Collaborative Communities Meetings.
- Creates and manages IDEA Grant budget following CFR 200 (Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.)
- Collaborates with the Financial Department to ensure the Districts comply with MOE.
- Orders and inventories instructional supplies and equipment for the schools following allowable expenditure and general Federal Grants guidelines.
- Provides Special Education Teachers with technical assistance on writing and implementing compliant IEPs, conducting eligibilities and interpreting evaluation data.
- Participates in IEP, eligibility and re-eligibility meetings as LEA Representative.
- Provide teachers with on-going job-embedded professional development and support in issues related to understanding disabilities, and providing the scholars with Specialized Instruction.
- Provides technical assistance regarding Behavior Management data collection, interpretation and Behavior Intervention Plan development.
- Secures outside service providers, keeps documentation and supervises the work of such providers. (Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapists, Psychologist, Audiologist.)
- Maintains Special Education data updated in the SIS (Infinite Campus) and the IEP Management software (GOIEP.)
- Responsible for ensuring accurate Special Education data during FTE and SR reporting.
- Reports data to the DOE via the DOE Portal and the specific Special Education Applications.
- Collaborates with the Student Support Teams in the referral of scholars for Special Education Evaluation.
- Performs periodic monitoring of physical Special Education Files to ensure they are complete and compliant.
- Collaborates with the register on ensuring Child Find Procedures are conducted during registration periods.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a detailed cover letter and resume to the Director of Business Services, Susan Hammonds-Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 3, 2018