Charles R. Drew Charter Academy
School Overview: Charles R. Drew Charter School opened in 2000 as Atlanta’s first charter school and is an integral part of holistic neighborhood revitalization led by the East Lake Foundation. Drew Charter School serves over 1,600 children in Pre-K through 12th grade, growing ultimately to serve over 2,000 students from “cradle-to-college” with two onsite early learning partners. Drew’s innovative academic model of Project-Based Learning (PBL), incorporating a Science Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) theme, has effectively closed both the achievement gaps and the opportunity gaps for children from diverse backgrounds.
Position Description: The RTI Teacher will work with small groups of students to deliver targeted, research-based interventions based on multiple data sources. This teacher will collaborate with general education teachers as well as other intervention providers to deliver specific interventions in designated deficit areas for teachers in the areas of reading comprehension, math reasoning, and math calculation. This position also requires upkeep of progress monitoring data, entry of data into Infinite Campus, and direct collaboration with the SST/RTI Specialist.
- Plan and instruct small groups of students in the RTI across multiple grade levels
- Responsible for administering weekly/bi-weekly probes to students served and entering maintaining progress monitoring data
- Collaborate with grade level teachers to plan appropriate interventions
- Use multiple data sources to determine appropriate levels of intervention
- Coordinate with SST/RTI Specialist, Instructional Coaches, and EA Administration to adjust and modify interventions
- Serve as a representative during Student Support Team meetings; prepare and present current data at these meetings
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of intervention delivery in Infinite Campus
- Plan for multiple small group interventions per day
- Use best practice instructional strategies and differentiation to address the needs of learners assigned to small groups
- Assist with Universal Screeners
- Use various online progress monitoring systems to administer probes and maintain data
- Provide requested data and documentation to SST/RTI coordinators and IEP teams
- Model intervention delivery to classroom teachers
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in teaching required; Master’s degree in Special Education or related field preferred.
- 3 years of successful, verifiable experience improving student academic achievement and/or behavioral skills by providing instruction and interventions in a K-12 school setting;
- Three years of counseling/mentor and Special Education experience;
- Experience in developing intervention and 504 plans;
- Working knowledge of: response to intervention, problem solving processes in Special Education, and current research and best practice interventions in instruction
- Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate Required (SP ED General Curriculum (P-12), SP ED ALL Cognitive Levels Preferred (P-12))
- Salary Range: $45,198 to $90,237
- Work Days: 195
- Drew Charter School offers our full-time staff members a broad, generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply on Drew’s website at www.drewcharterschool.org/employment.