IAS is a public, charter school authorized by the State Charter School Commission (SCSC), grades K-5. The school is located in Cobb County and is open to any students in the county. Our mission is to provide an engaging, student-centered environment that leads to our scholars being well-rounded world citizens who are academically prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We achieve our mission though the following actions: Rigorous instruction, experiential learning, service learning, Spanish in all grades, personalized learning, and increased stakeholder involvement.
Early Childhood Teacher
Early childhood education teacher must be able to provide engaging, standards-based instruction to all students.
- Teaching a rigorous curriculum which utilizes the Georgia Standards of Excellence
- Develop differentiated and engaging lesson plans
- Teaching students in a high-quality, excellent, and exciting way.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
- Participating in Professional Learning Communities
- Constantly assessing and monitoring student learning progress, and communicating results to families, colleagues, and the governing board.
- Using data to make informed instructional decisions to support student growth
- Providing individual or small group instruction, based on data, for students who need additional assistance.
- Differentiating and use of flexible grouping strategies
- Modeling the school’s core values and expectations in all communications with students, families, and staff.
- Exhibiting strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to meet demands with perseverance, integrity, professionalism, and a sense of humor
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood preferred, Minimum bachelor’s degree any major
Ability to Pass Background Check /Criminal History
Basic Technical Skills
Strong Desire to Help Students Succeed
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email resumes to employment.IAS@Smyrna.org