IAS is a public, charter school authorized by the State Charter School Commission (SCSC), grades K-5. The school is located in Cobb County and is open to any students in the county. Our mission is to provide an engaging, student-centered environment that leads to our scholars being well-rounded world citizens who are academically prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We achieve our mission though the following actions: Rigorous instruction, experiential learning, service learning, Spanish in all grades, personalized learning, and increased stakeholder involvement.
Early Intervention Program Teacher (1 Math and 1 ELA teacher needed)
Early Intervention Program (EIP) Teachers will support students in the MTSS process who require support in math and/or ELA. The ideal candidate will understand the MTSS process, have a strong background in math or ELA, be able to implement evidenced-based interventions, effectively use differentiation strategies, and be attentive to data and details to routinely complete progress monitoring. Will be required to participate in MTSS meetings, prepared to discuss student data and progress with parents and other school staff members.
- Teaching a rigorous curriculum which utilizes the Georgia Standards of Excellence
- Teaching students in a high-quality, excellent, and exciting way.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
- Participating in Professional Learning Communities
- Constantly assessing and monitoring student learning progress, and communicating results to families, colleagues, and the governing board.
- Using data to make informed instructional decisions to support student growth
- Providing individual or small group instruction, based on data
- Implement evidence-based interventions
- Accurately monitor progress and maintain data
- Differentiating and use of flexible grouping strategies
- Modeling the school’s core values and expectations in all communications with students, families, and staff.
- Exhibiting strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to meet demands with perseverance, integrity, professionalism, and a sense of humor
Early Childhood Certification Preferred, minimum bachelor’s degree any major
Ability to Pass Background Check /Criminal History
Basic Technical Skills
Strong Desire to Help Students Succeed
How to Apply
Candidates should send resumes to employment.IAS@smyrna.org