International Charter Academy of Georgia
Job Title: Elementary Assistant Principal
Reports to: ICAG Principal
Approved by: ICAG Board of Directors
Job Type: Full-time
International Charter Academy of Georgia, a Japanese-English Dual Language immersion program serving a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic, multi-lingual K-5 community in Peachtree Corners, GA is seeking a qualified and passionate full-time Assistant Principal to help our school realize its mission to broaden the horizons of students in Georgia so that they may become global citizens who promote peace around the world.
All employees and volunteers work together to fulfill the ICAGeorgia’s mission statement. The thoughts reflected in this description provide structure to the responsibilities and accountabilities for this position; however, ICAGeorgia expects to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and very successful outcomes for our students.
The Assistant Principal is responsible for assisting the principal in the leadership, coordination, supervision, and management of the school program and operation.
- Help lead the development and maintenance of an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies and goals of the school charter.
- Assist the principal in the overall administration of the school; interpret and enforce school and school division policies and regulations.
- Help lead a healthy, transformative school culture and collaborative learning community.
- Lead professional development, collaboration and the ongoing refinement of the school’s plan for continuous improvement.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations and serve as principal designee in the principal’s absence.
- Assist in the reporting and monitoring of student attendance.
- Serve as school Testing Coordinator
- Evaluate the instructional program and evaluate teacher effectiveness using TKES
- Coordinate campus functions and events with operations
- Manage discipline for grades K-5 and deal with special cases as necessary.
- Serve with parents, faculty, and student groups, as requested, in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Supervise teachers and departments as assigned by the principal.
- Explain and interpret curriculum/instructional goals and objectives to teachers, parents, and the community.
- Assist teachers in evaluating methods and materials and developing effective learning plans and classroom management techniques.
- Maintain and model high standards of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Master’s Degree or Certificate Equivalent to Educational Leadership -Tier 1
- 5+ years as elementary classroom teacher
- 5+ years in dual language immersion
- Thorough knowledge of school curriculum and instruction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ESOL and ESOL annual assessment implementation Mentor/coach teachers
SALARY RANGE: 53,200 – 67,300
Position Type: Full-time Position Available: 1
Job Category: Assistant Principal