The GLOBE Academy
This is a full-time position at the Upper Campus of The GLOBE Academy, which houses Grades 4-8. The GLOBE Academy is a K-8 charter school on two campuses that opened in 2013 and fosters Global Learning Opportunities through Balanced Education, serving students from all over DeKalb County, GA. With a focus on dual-language immersion, an experiential-learning model and a constructivist approach, GLOBE inspires students to be high-performing lifelong learners equipped to make a positive impact in the world.
The GLOBE Academy is currently seeking energetic and experienced teachers who are looking for the opportunity to continue the traditions we have initiated, to help build a program in a supportive and collaborative environment that values the arts, diversity, and world cultures, and to add to our team of dynamic educators. GLOBE gives its teachers the freedom to be innovative in the classroom in order to make learning engaging and to meet the needs of all students.
For further information about The GLOBE Academy, please see our website at www.theglobeacademy.org
Essential Functions:The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Ability to teach a standards-based curriculum, using a constructivist approach
- Able to function as a collaborative member of a Physical Education team.
- Demonstrated ability to individualize instruction and work with a wide variety of student abilities and learning styles.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with parents/guardians, administrators, special education teachers, and other service providers regarding the instructional program and student progress .
- Develop lesson plans utilizing a variety of instructional strategies to improve student achievement in a general curriculum; identifying instructional materials; assessing equipment needs to augment instruction; maintaining student data; and promoting positive student behavior.
- Participate in departmental meetings and professional learning activities.
- Experience with online learning.
- Familiarity with the Responsive Classroom model of community building a plus.
- Certification in P-12 Health/Physical Education desirable
- Minimum of two years teaching experience at the elementary and/or middle school levels preferred.
- Knowledge or proficiency in speaking Mandarin, French, or Spanish is a plus
- Flexibility/availability to coach after-school Middle School sports teams is a plus (stipend included)
How to Apply
To apply, Candidates should submit the following in PDF form on our website, www.theglobeacademy.org, under careers:
1)A completed application
2) A cover letter and resume indicating: your prior experience, your philosophy of teaching and learning, description of what teaching looks like in practice in your classroom.
3) Names and contact information for at least 3 recent references.
All applications must be in the following format:
In the subject line please state your name and the position you are applying for (i.e. “Amber Smith – 3rd Grade English Speaking Lead Teacher” OR “Alex Miller – 1st Grade French Speaking Teacher”).
Please Note: Deadline for applications is April 15, 2021.