Utopian Academy for the Arts
JOB TITLE: Elementary School Paraprofessional (2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR)
About Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School
Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school network serving elementary and middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. The Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School was approved by the Clayton County Public Schools System and operates as a locally-approved charter school. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having gender-based classroom environments and classes in the fine, dramatic, and media arts for students in Clayton County, GA. Since its inception, The Utopian Academy for the Arts has operated as a middle school, but in 2020 expanded to include elementary education. The elementary school, which initially offered kindergarten and first grade, will enroll 185 students in the 2021-22 school year, serving grades kindergarten through second grade.
Our greatest instructional strategy is our human capital. More than any other variable in education– more than curriculum or supplies—our faculty and staff matter. The paraprofessional will provide assistance with classroom organization, management, and presentation/development of classroom instruction. He/she will also work under the general supervision of the instructional staff and will assist in all areas of the building to enforce school policy. At Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School, we believe that students will rise to meet the high expectations set by our team of educators.
- Assists the teacher in the preparation of educational materials for students
- Assists with all aspects of the daily routine, including distributing and collecting supplies, keeping attendance records, and grading quizzes as assigned
- Assists with preparing and maintaining bulletin boards and other learning centers areas for instruction
- Provides small group and/or individualized instruction to students with disabilities in accordance with the supervising teachers’ lesson plans
- Collects instructional and behavioral data for all objectives being taught for each student
- Implements Behavior Intervention Plans for students with disabilities.
- Monitors students before and after school and during non-instructional transition periods.
- Supervises students closely during breakfast and/or lunch and/or recess.
- During fire drills or other emergency evacuation of the school, the aide assists in ensuring a safe and orderly exiting of the building
- Performs other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher or appropriate administrator.
- Report directly to the Principal
- 0 – 1 year experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain Georgia PSC Paraprofessional Certificate within 1 year from Date of Hire
- Belief in the mission and vision of Utopian Academy for the Arts
HOW TO APPLY:
Application and materials should be submitted electronically by the preferred deadline of March 12, 2021 to email@example.com “Elementary School-Paraprofessional” should be labeled in the Subject Line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Paraprofessional position.
- Valid Copy of your paraprofessional certificate or steps that you will obtain to secure a valid certificate for the position applied for.