SLAM Academy of Atlanta
SLAM Academy of Atlanta is seeking an elementary school teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
Core Instructional Responsibilities
- Implement a rigorous curriculum aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence.
- Prepare lesson plans that differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with various learning styles.
- Create SLAM-ified lessons to implement, at a minimum, on a weekly basis.
- Differentiate instruction to support diverse learners and meet IEP and SST expectations
- Participate in grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies; daily activities; materials and manipulatives; and, equipment and technology that demonstrate an understanding of the various learning styles and needs of all students.
- Implement Response to Intervention plans and understand their responsibilities at all Tier levels.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing and use the data to guide instruction.
- Conduct data chats with students and parents.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Code of Student Conduct and Student Handbook.
- Demonstrate content mastery.
Core Professional Responsibilities
- Attend faculty and/or other required meetings.
- Assist in drop-off and pick-up duties at the School.
- Work collaboratively with a team.
- Adhere to all child abuse reporting requirements/laws.
- Comply with the standards of conduct, ethics and/or conflicts of interest for teachers and/or employees of the School.
- Maintain current state licensure(s) and/or certification(s) as required by law.
- Keep informed of and comply with applicable federal, state and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers to discuss student progress.
- Enforce and uphold the school’s mission, vision, values, policies, and culture.
- Model the school’s values in all interactions with students, families, community members, and faculty.
- Maintain records as required (i.e. data binders, call logs, etc.).
- Perform supervisory duties as assigned by principal.
- Pursue and engage in opportunities for professional growth.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or above from a regionally accredited college or university or a PSC approved institution;
- Valid Georgia teaching certificate in elementary education, or have reciprocity eligibility from another state or country.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to comprehend and follow directives; and,
- Perform related work as required.
- 7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
How to Apply
Please submit resume to Ms. Angelia Howell at email@example.com.
SLAM Academy of Atlanta
1150 Westview Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30310