Ivy Preparatory Academy
Under the direction of the Academy Leaders, the teacher is responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The teacher will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student’s ability. Professional relations will be developed and maintained with other staff and parents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Teach subject matter, i.e., reading language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, etc., utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities.
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
- Control the storage and use of district owned property; make minor adjustments and request repairs as required.
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
- Evaluate student’s academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs.
- Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
- Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by the Georgia Professional Standards Committee.
- Conform to District policies, including attendance, absences and evaluations.
- Attendance must be adequate to acceptably perform listed job functions.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, district staff, and patrons.
- Communicates effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree, minimum. Other requirement: Three (3) years of successful elementary classroom teaching experience, hold certification or licensure from GaPSC, Passed GACE in content area and /or major in content area.
Some standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and handling, pushing, and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Ivy Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities. Individuals who desire accommodations on the basis of a disability should contact the Human Resources Department.