DuBois Integrity Academy
- Valid State of Georgia Teaching Certificate
- Endorsement or approval in English as a Second Language
- Experience with working in a Title 1 school setting
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to English language acquisition.
Reports to: The Assistant Principal/ Testing Coordinator & The Director of Special Education
Job Goal(s): The ESL Teacher provides specialized instruction for the purposes of developing the students’ ability to effectively perform courses of study in English and acquire the English language.
Performance Responsibilities: Knowledge of the WIDA Access testing policies and procedures
- Performs those activities listed in the district’s classroom teacher job description as appropriate and applicable.
- Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English in the Georgia Standards of Excellence & Georgia English Language Proficiency Standards (IELPS). Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with the district’s instructional program so that students meet and exceed learning targets and the requirements outlined in the state and federal law.
- Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in content areas at levels that ensure learners meet or exceed learning targets, for Language English learners to meaningfully access the district’s instructional program.
- Administers academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student’s progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition. Maintains complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth and progress.
- Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
- Facilitates frequent and effective home‐school communication by coordinating: conferences; written communication with parents regarding student progress with ELL goals.
- Attends professional English Language Acquisition meetings & trainings.
- Understands and complies with the policies, rules, and regulations regarding the English learners. Advocates for the program needs that are required to meet the learning needs of English learner.
- Performs such other and not specifically enumerated duties as may be requested by the Principal and Assistant Principals
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Teacher Evaluation Plan.
How to Apply
Send resume to Dr. Stephanie Payne to: email@example.com