Charles R. Drew Charter School
Charles R. Drew Charter School opened in 2000 as Atlanta’s first charter school and is an integral part of holistic neighborhood revitalization led by the East Lake Foundation. Drew Charter School serves over 1,600 children in Pre-K through 12th grade, growing ultimately to serve over 2,000 students from “cradle -to-college” with two onsite early learning partners. Drew’s innovative academic model of Project-Based Learning (PBL), incorporating a Science Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) theme, has effectively closed both the achievement gaps and the opportunity gaps for children from diverse backgrounds.
Position Description: The Facilities Manager’s overall function is to maintain our school buildings (JA/SA: 225,00 sq. ft) and (EA: 125,000 sq. ft) and grounds (37 acres), by managing a team of three staff members and outsourced vendors. S/he will ensure proper maintenance and custodial services are rendered throughout the campus. The Facility Manager will serve as the primary operator of the HVAC and Building Automation System. S/he will also utilize the facility work order system and other tools to monitor individual and departmental performance. The Facility Manager will manage outsourced vendors and identify gaps and opportunities for improvements. S/he will manage the maintenance and alteration of equipment, machinery, and building(s) by performing the required duties personally and/or through directly supervised subordinates. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Ensures that the building(s) and grounds are maintained in excellent operating condition and protect the condition of the school’s assets.
- Leads, manages, and supervises three maintenance professionals
- Effectively manages commercial vendors
- Manages high priority and visible projects
- Collaborates with the COO to develop and manage an annual budget
- Effectively communicates (verbal and written) the status of issues to principals, teachers, etc.
- Manages scheduled maintenance and and analyzes HVAC, automation, and control systems, alarm & security, lighting, building cleanliness, and other factors as needed.
- Collaborates with the COO to ensure the implementation and execution of the Long Term Capital Maintenance plan
- Collaborates with Information Technology to ensure Building Automation Systems (BAS) are performing at the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Oversees and manages maintenance and janitorial workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, preventative maintenance, and security.
- Oversees landscaping and grounds at both school campuses.
- Collaborates with procurement team as needed in scheduling facilities modifications including cost estimates, layouts, and scope of work for contracts.
- Collaborates with procurement in the development of vendor contracts and the negotiation of new and/or renewal of vendor contracts
- Responds to unexpected maintenance needs in support of students, faculty, and staff at both campuses.
- Ensures that all required inspections related to both school buildings, facilities, and equipment are completed on schedule.
- Coordinates after-hours support as needed for special events.
- Creates and orders door keys for staff at both buildings; collects keys from staff as they end employment at school
- Supports the mission of the school
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in a related field (preferred)
- OSHA Training (preferred)
- At least 8 years experience in leading and managing others
- Experience operating or maintaining a commercial facility
- Experience working with commercial vendors.
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations (preferred)
- Experience working in a very fast paced environment (preferred)
- Ability to manage and organize tasks independent of close supervision
- FMP (preferred)
- Anticipated hiring range: 75-85K
- Work Days: 242 (Annual)
- Drew Charter School offers our full-time staff members a broad, generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply via the Drew Charter School website: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7883c6690e1f1e0169173b3c883c1f&specialization=&source=