Georgia Cyber Academy
Job Title: Family Success Liaison
FLSA Status: TBD
Reports to: Family Success Liaison Lead
Summary: The Family Success Liaison will provide a range of services to students and their family to build capacity within the family to assist in the student’s education at Georgia Cyber Academy (GCA). The goal is to provide support to students by collaborating with teachers and parents to ensure student’s academic achievement and successful completion of school (or grade level standards).
The Family Success Liaison will collaborate with other family engagement/resource roles to provide training, facilitate engagement, and promote effective communication practices between parents, teachers and other support staff. Family support and engagement is a critical component of a Title I program and is necessary for any Title I school.
Essential Functions: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Welcome all new students and families into the GCA school community to ensure they have the proper foundation for academic success.
- Provide guidance and support for students and families experiencing academic difficulty in Mathematics, English/Language Arts/Writing, Science, and Social Studies.
- Facilitate training and provide materials to help parents and/or Learning Coaches on best practices for working with their children to improve their student’s academic achievement.
- Collaborate with the family engagement team, counselors, teachers, parents, administrators, and other GCA staff to ascertain students’ academic needs.
- Confer with teachers, parents and/or appropriate community agency personnel for the purposes of assisting in evaluating student progress and/or implementing student objectives.
- Work with the school staff to facilitate/host school-wide academic events, parent workshops and other activities for the purposes of ensuring quality delivery of services.
- Provide research-based strategies to give parents the necessary skills and knowledge to help them communicate effectively with teachers, counselors, and all educators to build a partnership to impact student achievement.
- Educate parents to recognize the need for health home/school relationships and the GADOE Six Requirements on Building Capacity.
- Work with staff in encouraging parents to participate in school activities.
- Assist parents with academic coaching methods, which parents can use at home to help their children.
- Provide technical assistance relating to parental involvement as needed locally or at the district level.
- Communicate with parents, teachers, and administrators on an ongoing basis regarding the student’s progress.
- Maintain accurate documentation of student performance, progress, needs, and academic supports provided.
- Perform duties consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associates degree AND
- One (1) year working with families as a support liaison, advisor or equivalent role, developing parent mentors/parent training OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Computer Software: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time for meetings, professional development, etc.
- Ability to pass required background check
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience as a Learning Coach or Advisor for Georgia Cyber Academy
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position but may require travel for team meetings as well as face-to-face meetings with students and Learning Coaches.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.