Georgia Cyber Academy
The Federal Programs Manager provides leadership and guidance to school and district in a systemic effort to design and implement a coherent and sustained system of support, as well as a process for continuous school improvement. The manager monitors programs to ensure compliance with all State and Federal Laws, State Department of Education Rules and Regulations, and Georgia Cyber Academy Board of Education Policies where applicable and oversees multiple federal programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Supports schools with practices that supplement the needs of students, while meeting compliance requirements; reviews, analyzes, and utilizes data to improve educational programming
- Collaborates with instructional staff, administrators, and other agencies/organization to ensure the implementation of program goals and guidelines, communicates school improvement efforts to strengthen professional learning communities, standards-based education, and increased student achievement
- Participates in the planning team to include all federal grant program personnel, parents, and stakeholders to develop the comprehensive Local Education Agency (LEA) Improvement Plans (CLIP) and coordinates services including Equity and Effectiveness Plans
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of the Georgia Consolidated Application for the LEA, including all planning, budget and audit requirements ex: (including, but not limited to: comparability reports, Title I School Improvement Plan, Priority Schools
- Assists with training, monitoring and approvals for all budget requirements and expenditures for Title programs to maximize federal funding
- Assists with program planning and evaluation activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Title programs initiatives
- Provides program expertise and technical assistance to local school and District personnel
- Ensures federal programs within the scope of the position are in compliance with Federal and State laws
- Remains current on laws and requirements regarding each program, and meets with related staff to interpret and implement regulations; attends state level conferences, trainings, and technical assistance meetings
- Maintains records and documentation for fiscal and programmatic audit reviews and compliance monitoring
- Assists with supervision, support, and leadership development for Federal Programs department personnel
- Assists with the selection and staffing of personnel for title program positions
- Works with property control and technology department to maintain a Federal Program inventory
- Manages and monitors Title I Family Engagement activities to comply with Family Engagement section of the law
- Assists with the supervision of Federal Programs employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assisting with appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes new-comers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Professionalism: Be professional at all times in communications, appearance, work product, and in representing Georgia Cyber Academy in a positive manner.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Business AND
- Two (2) years of experience working with Title I, II, III, IV Programs OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- GA PSC Educational Certificate
- Clear Fingerprint/Background Check Required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Title I, II, III, IV state and federal requirements, rules, regulations, and laws
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, OneNote, and G-Suite.
- Knowledge of the SCSC Comprehensive Performance Framework
- Knowledge of GaDOE CCRPI
- Proficiency using computer-based software and online resources to develop training materials
- Ability to read and interpret student academic data and educational reports
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to manage competing priorities with attention to deadlines
- Strong critical thinking, planning, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
- Dependable, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to incorporate methods and build systems that can be used across the district
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Maintain a professional home office without distraction during 8-5 workday when working from home
- Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet
- Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation
- Ability to travel 25% of the time as required
- Experience with budgeting and interpreting federal and state laws
- Previous educational leadership or management experience
- TKES/ LKES certified
- Previous experience as an online educator
- Previous experience with online educational tools/curriculum/assessments
- Working knowledge of Infinite Campus (SIS)
- Working knowledge of Canvas (LMS)
- Working knowledge of Jigsaw Interactive (live classroom tool)
- Proficient in use of Zoom conferencing tool
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a Monday through Friday, split office-based / home-based position; 3 Days/Week In-Office and 2 Days/Week Remote. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- During critical periods, additional in-office days may be required.
- May require traveling up to 25% of the time.
- In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, meetings, school events, marketing events, and testing sites will be required several times per year.
- Light lifting required.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor as allowed by Title I. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year