Ivy Preparatory Academy
Under the direction of the Academy Leaders, the teacher is responsible for creating a classroom environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise; that motivates each student to cultivate physical fitness, and appropriate social and emotional adjustment; that discovers and develop talents of students in physical achievement; and that develops strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing curriculum designated by Ivy Preparatory Academy and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students..
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
- Control the storage and use of district owned property; make minor adjustments and request repairs as required.
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
- Evaluate student’s academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs.
- Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
- Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by the Georgia Professional Standards Committee.
- Conform to District policies, including attendance, absences and evaluations.
- Attendance must be adequate to acceptably perform listed job functions.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, district staff, and patrons.
- Communicates effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree, minimum. Other requirement: Three (3) years of successful elementary classroom teaching experience, hold certification or licensure from GaPSC, Passed GACE in content area and /or major in content area.
Some standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and handling, pushing, and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Ivy Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities. Individuals who desire accommodations on the basis of a disability should contact the Human Resources Department.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.ivyprepacademy.org/careers.