The Globe Academy
This is a full-time, 10-month position, at the Lower Campus of The GLOBE Academy, which houses Grades K-3. The GLOBE Academy is a dual language immersion charter school serving approximately 990 students in Kindergarten – 8th Grade in the DeKalb County School District of Metro Atlanta, Georgia. With a focus on dual-language immersion, an experiential-learning model and a constructivist approach, GLOBE inspires students to be high-performing lifelong learners equipped to make a positive impact in the world.
We are currently seeking an applicant for a Spanish immersion teacher for First grade. Lead teachers should have a solid understanding of teaching in a project-based learning framework and have experience with the Workshop teaching model. First grade language teachers should be prepared to teach Language Arts, Science, Math, and Social Studies content in the target language. GLOBE Language teachers uphold 100% target language use with students at all times. First grade teachers encourage the use of the target language with students, and after a period of 50 days, have 100% target language use by First grade students when speaking with the language teacher.
- Must hold or be eligible for Early Childhood Certification.
- Must have professional, academic proficiency in the target language (Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Understanding/ Listening in Spanish)
- Additional endorsements/certifications (Early Childhood, Math, Reading, Gifted, ESOL, Special Education) are a plus, and preference will be given to such candidates should they meet other important criteria and be a cultural fit with the school.
Candidates should submit the following in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed application
- A cover letter indicating:
- your prior experience
- your philosophy of teaching and learning
- description of what teaching looks like in practice in your classroom.
- A current resume or C.V.
- A statement of educational and leadership philosophy.
- The names and contact information of 3-5 references.
- Optional: Other supporting materials (e.g. digital portfolios, articles, speeches, presentations, letters of recommendation, etc.,) that would be useful to the Search Committee.
In the subject line please state your name and the position you are applying for (i.e. “Amber Smith – 3rd Grade English Speaking Lead Teacher” OR “Susan Miller – 1st Grade French speaking Teacher”).
How to Apply
Please make sure to visit our website www.theglobeacademy.org for more information on our program!