Utopian Academy for the Arts
JOB TITLE: First Grade Teacher (2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR)
About Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School
Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school network serving elementary and middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. The Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School was approved by the Clayton County Public Schools System and operates as a locally-approved charter school. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having gender-based classroom environments and classes in the fine, dramatic, and media arts for students in Clayton County, GA. Since its inception, The Utopian Academy for the Arts has operated as a middle school, but in 2020 expanded to include elementary education. The elementary school, which initially offered kindergarten and first grade, will enroll 185 students in the 2021-22 school year, serving grades kindergarten through second grade.
Our greatest instructional strategy is our human capital. More than any other variable in education– more than curriculum or supplies—our faculty and staff matter. Effective teachers who are continually learning and setting high expectations are the key to student academic achievement and success. At Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School, we believe that students will rise to meet the high expectations set by our team of educators.
- Hold high expectations through differentiated learning for all students
- Develop and deliver high-quality instruction in one or more subject areas
- Actively participate in weekly coaching and lesson planning clinics
- Strive to meet network and school-based academic and socio-emotional goals
- Analyze data and develop action plans to constantly improve student achievement through rigorous meaningful instruction
- Work to ensure that all IEPs are met to support the individual needs of the student
- Maintain a positive classroom culture
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and their families by keeping them informed on education-related issues and school events
- Openly collaborate with grade level team
- Be prompt and present daily; eager to participate in a carpool, parent meetings, and other school functions that require student supervision after hours
- Work to maintain a positive learning environment that cultivates both the academic and socio-emotional needs of the students
- Report directly to the Principal
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the Principal
- Minimum one year of teaching experience in an urban environment (preferred)
- Current Georgia Teacher Certificate or Out-of-State Certificate required
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement
- Belief in the mission and vision of Utopian Academy for the Arts
HOW TO APPLY:
Application and materials should be submitted electronically by the preferred deadline of March 12, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org “Elementary School-First Grade Teacher” should be labeled in the Subject Line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our First Grade Teacher position.
- Valid Copy of your teaching certificate or steps that you will obtain to secure a valid certificate for the position applied for.