Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school network serving elementary and middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. The Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School was approved by the Clayton County Public Schools System and will operate as a locally-approved charter school. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having gender-based classroom environments, and classes in the fine, dramatic, and media arts for students in Clayton County, GA. Since its inception, The Utopian Academy for the Arts has operated as a middle school, but in 2020 we will expand to include elementary education as well. The elementary school, which will initially just offer kindergarten and first grade, will serve 125 students in its first year and will occupy existing space on Utopian’s campus.
Our greatest instructional strategy is our human capital. More than any other variable in education– more than curriculum or supplies—our faculty and staff matter. The paraprofessional will provide assistance with classroom organization, management, and presentation/development of classroom instruction. He/she will also work under the general supervision of the instructional staff and will assist in all areas of the building to enforce school policy. At Utopian Academy for the Arts Elementary School, we believe that students will rise to meet the high expectations set by our team of educators.
- Assists the teacher in the preparation of educational materials for students • Assists with all aspects of the daily routine, including distributing and collecting supplies, keeping attendance records, and grading quizzes as assigned
- Assists with preparing and maintaining bulletin boards and other learning centers areas for instruction
- Provides small group and/or individualized instruction to students with disabilities in accordance with the supervising teachers’ lesson plans
- Collects instructional and behavioral data for all objectives being taught for each student
- Implements Behavior Intervention Plans for students with disabilities. • Monitors students before and after school and during non-instructional transition periods.
- Supervises students closely during breakfast and/or lunch and/or recess. • During fire drills or other emergency evacuation of the school, the aide assists in ensuring a safe and orderly exiting of the building
- Performs other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher or appropriate administrator.
- Report directly to the Principal
- 0 – 1 year experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain Georgia PSC Paraprofessional Certificate within 1 year from Date of Hire
- Belief in the mission and vision of Utopian Academy for the Arts
How to Apply
Application and materials should be submitted electronically as soon as possible to email@example.com “Elementary School-Paraprofessional” should be labeled in the Subject Line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Founding Paraprofessional position.
- Valid Copy of your paraprofessional certificate or steps that you will obtain to secure a valid certificate for the position applied for.